Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#371427 - 03/24/10 09:42 AM Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan
laceytravels Offline
We are looking at Banana Beach Resort and Villas at Banyan for a one week stay. We have two teens who like to swim in a pool and can't wait to snorkel. Can you give me advice as to which would be a better resort for us? Or make another suggestion? We looked at Belizean Shores but thought the first two would let us walk to town. Thanks!

#371445 - 03/24/10 12:12 PM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: laceytravels]
iluvbelize Offline
Both properties are very nice and in close proximity to each other - they both have restaurants and they are on one of the nicer beaches in SP too. You will probably find more assistance in arranging activities for teens and the family in general with Banana Beach - they have a great on-site staff who can suggest many things to do and set them up for you. Banana Beach's restaurant is really good, I prefer it to the one at Banyan Bay ten times over. The Banyan Bay properties are not as hands-on managed and the units are owned and operated by several different entities.

If it is your first visit and you want to become quickly acclimated I recommend Banana Beach - you won't be disappointed with anything.

#371446 - 03/24/10 12:15 PM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: iluvbelize]
Loansum-Al K Offline
I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

#371493 - 03/24/10 07:15 PM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: Loansum-Al K]
klcman Offline
TRITTO! And you we be so spoiled by that fantastic staff. Or, totally ignored,if you prefer ( but they may have a hard time pulling that off, given their sense of service smile )!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#371499 - 03/24/10 08:48 PM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: klcman]
Ernie B Offline
Quattro, now that Tim is gone smile
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#371519 - 03/25/10 04:42 AM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: Ernie B]
CrackOfDawn Offline
We have been to the island before but have not stayed at Banana. We land tomorrow at about 11 to stay there for a few days. I'll let you know if it's still standing when we leave.:)

#371521 - 03/25/10 06:42 AM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: CrackOfDawn]
terrielinn Offline
Stayed at BB several times - GREAT staff!

Enjoy your stay.

Have a Belikin and a rum punch or 2 for the rest of us. wink
It's great to be .....

#371522 - 03/25/10 08:04 AM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: terrielinn]
crockhunter Offline
We have stayed at both, and agree the staff at Banana B is terrific. Also agree that there is no comparison between the resraurants. But Banyon Bay is a way better looking grounds and pool area. The rooms are more spacious and more attractive. Having said all that, we just returned from 5 weeks at Banana Beach and probably will return there. The biggest difference is the staff, going back to Banana B is like returning home.

#371535 - 03/25/10 10:33 AM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: crockhunter]
sweetjane Offline
5 weeks? i hate you.

#371549 - 03/25/10 11:46 AM Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan [Re: sweetjane]
tacogirl Offline
I agree Banana beach is a great place and their staff always friendly and helpful. The food at El Divino is yum too.
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,719 Topics
461,263 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.