Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#371413 03/24/10 01:08 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I will be in SP Thursday morning for a week and would like to go running. I know I have read in previous posts that there may be groups of expats who get together to run. If anyone knows where or when or if any groups meet to run together I would love to know. Thanks

I have yet to see a group of expats running anywhere in SP LOL.

S
S
I personally only run only when being chased, but that's just me wink

B
B
I was trying to think of reasons to run in SP. How about to catch happy hour before its over. laugh

C
C
I tried once, being a fairly avid runner. Between the dogs, humidity and the rum hang-over I gave up at the next beer stop.

Last edited by Canam; 03/24/10 12:03 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the great answers everyone. I have my route planned out now. Head north; run for a while and figure out which bar's look good that I want to stop at on the way back. I will then go in each one for a drink. Being a newbie on the island, this approach will give me the best opportunity to exercise, drink and see the island. When you see a tall sweaty white guy wearing an Oregon football shirt come over and say hi.

Thanks again

From Captain Morgan's northward there are quite a lot of runners every morning - in particular from 6:30-8-ish. I see lots of them pass our place in Mata Grande. They don't appear organized into a running group tho. Walkers start early too. The beach is nice, and the folks who stay up this way seem to enjoy the dawn hours very much.
If you are staying in this part of the island you could probably take a look around your resort or hotel for who is out early and ask to join them. The temps early in the AM are pleasant, and the breeze right now will cool you off nicely.

I am with SnoopysMom (only run when being chased) and even that is debatable depending on who is doing the chasing smile

Now if anyone ever wants to go for a walk I am all in there.

I am sure you will find someone to run with Bigduck.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

L
L
I'm not a runner, but love to take a long, brisk walk along the beach in the morning. For me, that justifies all the food and adult beverages I consume while on vacation. lol

E
E
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.