Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#371778 03/28/10 08:47 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I will be down in AC for the first time on April 10th 2010. I am planning to go fishing (reef and ofshore) I am looking for good,honest,and affordable guides. I have a tight budget and want to catch fish and not go on an expensive boat ride! I've been told to contact Pete Graniel, "Hilly Boo" and "Bechue"(don't have his phone #) Any recomendations? How is the fishing offshore that time of year for billfish and dorado? Don't want to waste my time or $. Thanks in advance....If it WERE as easy as fishing, there would be less musicians!

R
ron Offline
R
No one guarantees catching fish. The few you've mentioned have been mentioned many times on this board. You can do a search above to see the many discussions regarding fishing guides. All the guides charge about the same rates. And there isn't any slow time for the guides so I doubt any good one would lower their price. Billfish aren't widely sought in Belize although there are some caught. For Billfish there are many better fishing places.

check www.fishingsanpedro.com Steve deals with great local guides like Capt Abel and Capt Peter Graniel and allows for credit card payment option which can be helpful on vacation.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

taco is on the money ..Capt pete he has a nice big boat.38 footer twin engs or and Capt abel also A local legand are ,dirt cheap compared to to the states prices more the price than half off !!!..If you want to call steve from the states 011 -501 607 9967 .. As far as bill fish think not ..Dorado think not .But you can have a great day out on the water ,at great prices..And most of all nice guides to help you live the dream ..

Last edited by captjeff; 03/28/10 01:41 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
I'm gearing up right now for a Wednesday 3/31 departure to AC, and while I may hook up with a guide with a boat at some point, I'm really more interested in catching a few Snapper/Grouper for the grill and anything else that swims for the FUN of it. Tossing a few jerk baits across the flats and bottom fishing just off the edge of the reef. I'm tackled up for both. I am staying north of town @ Ak'bol. I would like just a few hints about where I may try my luck; even on the lagoon side? Any guide that may want to share a hint or two would of course be in my good graces once I decide to charter.
ANY BITES......?

R
ron Offline
R
I doubt that any guides will jump at your generous offer. If they tell you where to fish and you prove successful, then you'll ask them to guide for you? I don't often fish in SP, but the last few times I have the fishing guides I used were booked well in advance. To fish the reef you'll need more than tackle, you'll need a boat and the right weather conditions. For outside the reef you'll want to be on a larger boat. It's not fun sitting in a little boat with 2 or 3 ft swells. If you fish the flats your looking primarily bonefish although I have caught a few nice size snapper off some of the piers in SP. That was a few years ago, not sure whether many of the piers allow fishing off them now. The owners would rather have a few fish around that every one can snorkel and see, than a few tourist full bellies. Not sure how good the fishing is on the backside of Ambergris in the lagoon. My guess would be not very since most fishing guides don't fish that area. Good luck with your fishing. As Capt. Jeff says hire a local guide and they'll put you onto some fish and the price is a lot cheaper than in the States.

R
R
Should find some Bonefish in front of the resort. Get your hands on a kayak and fish the inside of the reef. I believe there is a good size lagoon directly behind Akbol. But get a guide for a half day well worth the money.
Mark

Akbol has a lot of snapper at the end of their dock.....won't have to go far if that's what you're looking for.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
We use Pete Graniel he is an excellant guide his phone # is 226-2584 or cell 602-5088

P
P
I believe you can go crocodile fishing in the lagoon behind Ak'bol.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.