Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#370764 03/17/10 10:12 AM
K
OP Offline
K
The trip went by way to fast. After travelling for several years to Costa Rica we have found a new favorite vacation destination.

My Favorites
1. We stayed at The Palms in a 2 bedroom condo. Perfect location and view. I highly recommend it.
2. Fishing with Erick and Clifford. Sharon from Limes booked the trip for us. The guys were great and we caught a lot of tasty fish. The guys made a great lunch.
3. Diving Hol Chan- although the current was wicked Ernie the DM was great. It felt like an aquarium and is a perfect place to dive if you are not real experienced.
4. Bars- we enjoyed Limes, Fidos, Tacklebox, Palapa and BC's
5. Burgers- loved Tacklebox and Legends
6. Rented a golfcart from Limes for a half day got a great deal
Disappointments
1. Cave tubing trip- none of us really enjoyed it
2. Tried to book things thru The Palms and they seemed higher priced and not helpful

Last edited by Kelly from MN; 03/17/10 10:13 AM.
nice, kelly - glad you enjoyed your trip. we love the palms, and the lime bar ladies too. thanks for sharing!

We have a group staying at the Palms in June. We were debating on the cave tubing trip -- you've made my decision to sit on the beach with a book and a drink much easier laugh. Thanks for the trip report!

K
OP Offline
K
I'm sure some people enjoy the cave tubing but the water was really low and we had to paddle to get our tubes to go anywhere. Seeing tha cave was really interesting but for us it was not worth the expense or time to travel to.
Enjoy The Palms- the view and location are perfect!
If you have a chance stop by Lime's- the people there were great. Another tip we got from others that turned out great was buying our beer and water right from the distributor.

The cave tubing trip in June will be tremendously different from the trip in March. June usually has high fast river water...

good point, barb. have you considered doing the Lamanai trip instead of tubing? its another very cool way to see some of the mainland for a day.

I took a group of kids and a couple of teachers cave tubing last summer for a Be Kind Belize outing (sponsored by Caves Branch). We were all laughing saying 'I thought this was supposed to be relaxing' as we had to paddle upstream for part of the journey...but I have to say that for us, it was absolutely worth it. We hadn't really dressed appropriately for the caving part of the expedition (sliding down muddy embankments in a bikini isn't the most lady like thing especially when you have to wash the clay and mud off your arse). The cave we visited was spectacular, the guides extremely informative and we got to see all sorts of cool Maya artifacts. The return trip was much easier as it was downstream. We had a wonderful time and personally I look forward to another cave tubing experience. Once we got into it, we really enjoyed the more physical aspect of the trip and it made us feel we'd really achieved something. Different strokes for different folks. Whatever you choose to do, you will have a wonderful time!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Originally Posted by Kelly from MN
I'm sure some people enjoy the cave tubing but the water was really low and we had to paddle to get our tubes to go anywhere. Seeing tha cave was really interesting but for us it was not worth the expense or time to travel to.
Enjoy The Palms- the view and location are perfect!
If you have a chance stop by Lime's- the people there were great. Another tip we got from others that turned out great was buying our beer and water right from the distributor.

Thanks Kelly! Will definitely check out Lime's. How did you go about getting your water and beer from the distributor?

Beth

K
OP Offline
K
We just went to the distributor-sorry I can't give you exact directions but it was not far from The Palms. Once you get to the distributor just go to the office door- it is to the left of the loading dock doors and tell the person in side what you want and pay. You then get a slip to give to the guys out by the loading dock and they bring out your beverages.I found the tip on this message board and I'm pretty sure we saved a decent amount of money.

The girls at Lime's have a travel place connected to the bar. I think we got great advice and fair priced execursions when we booked with them. We also rented a golf cart for a good price from them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.