Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Yes, we have no banana museum in Belize.

I reported earlier on the banana museum in California that is about to go out of business or relocate. The owner has the his banana collection up for sale on eBay for US$45,000, (see http://cgi.ebay.com/International-B...tZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414e41a3fb)
and alternatively is looking for a city that will provide funds and space to relocate the museum. According to the owner, he has had several offers for a new location but so far nobody has put up cash.

Belize is missing an opportunity to be home to the world's largest collection of bananana! It's a natural for San Pedro or Placencia! Or even for Belize City for the cruise ship crowd.

This could be a money maker for an entrepreneur in Belize!

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
This is the listing on eBay:

>>

ABSOLUTELY THE LAST AUCTION EFFORT !!! (10 days and that's it !!) A GIVE AWAY PRICE for The INTERNATIONAL BANANA CLUB MUSEUM content! The Banana Club and Museum was established back in 1972 and this collection is documented in the Guinness Book of World's Records as the "WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION DEVOTED TO ANY ONE FRUIT" (1995 Golden Anniversary Edition). This collection has been featured on over 103 TV shows and news features, including the "Tonight Show" over the past 38 years. Just "Google" the International Banana Club & Museum to see dozens of articles published around the world. Go to the Banana Club website at BananaClubdotcom to see some of the Museum history and TWO VIDEOS now. A storefront in Altadena, CA was home for over 35 years prior to relocating to Hesperia, CA. just four years ago. "Banana Man", Ken Bannister has decided to split and give up this collection which is known around the world ! This auction is only seven days with NO RESERVE ! The Banana Club itself, is not included. "Banana Man" Ken, will promote the new site of the museum content as the official "Banana Club Museum" for the auction winner.

Included are banana items collected over the past 39 years from around the world . They are all currently located at THE BANANA MAN' HOME IN APPLE VALLEY, CA. (and everything is boxed up. ) CA. ( current museum was sponsored by the city of Hesperia, CA Recreation and Parks Department for the past four years ) It is currently closed. Now, this unique and well known collection can be yours to set up and reap the benefits and entry fees and a collection that is sought after by people from around the world! Display cases and furniture are not included. Photos show most of the content at the top...use the enlarger to see.

Books (in print and out) featuring the Banana Club Museum : "Offbeat Museums" by Saul Rubin, "California on my mind, "Little Museums", "Eccentric America" by Jan Friedman, "Totally Bananas" by Dennis Fox, "Think You're The Only One", " Hidden LA", "You Did What" and others feature this unique and entertaining banana collection. All major newspapers around the world, and dozens of magazines like AARP, PEOPLE,GQ, US Kids, etc. have featured this collection.

All banana related items that have been displayed in the museum site in Hesperia, CA are included in this offering ( Former site was in Altadena, CA for 35 years!) There are hundreds of Banana items made of brass, glass, lead, wood, plastic, ceramic, silver, gold plate, there are banana rings, pipes, wooden bananas, 15 different coffee banana cups, glasses, clocks, wrist watches, banana records, tapes, knives, banana telephones, stained glass bananas, the banana golf putter, dozens of banana shirts, shorts, slippers, and neck ties. Dozens of stuffed bananas from 3 inches to 6 feet.. & monkeys too..Hundreds of lapen pins, patches and decorative banana items. Dozens of banana magnets, hundreds of food and drink items, dozens of toys and banana games, original photos, dozens of banana books, the petrified banana, Banana Man's Banana Jump Suit & Tux, IBC logo product samples like pins, charms belt buckels, and original creations. There are banana records (45 to 33's) , a priceless banana lamp, the big banana bowl, a scrapbook from the 30's that the cr, the Miss Chiquita jacket, Chiquita premium pup tent and antique knife...and items from around the world collected over the past 38 years! All major news agencies have covered this collection for TV shows and News Specials as a site to see and they continue to request coverage! A site that no visitor forgets! Submit your bid... to many items to list them all. Auction has NO RESERVE ! GOOGLE THE BANANA CLUB MUSEUM TO SEE DOZENS OF ARTICLES and TV clips.

The International Banana Club Museum is a BRANDED name around the world and is listed in every library in GALE research books since the mid 1970's. This was the world's FIRST Banana Museum and it is a world record per the "Guinness Book of World Records". Auction winner will have a collection that attracts attention and people from around the world, like you will not believe! Furniture and display cases not included. BIG OPPORTUNITY TO CHARGE ADMISSION, SELL RELATED PRODUCTS, AND THE BANANA CLUB WILL SUPPORT YOUR NEW LOCATION AS THE OFFICIAL INTL. BANANA CLUB MUSEUM IF YOU WISH ! OR, START A NEW VENTURE.

S
S
Perfect for you Lan! Since you are such a big time investor and pro Belize guy....

OP Offline
As I said on another forum, Jesse, there could be a potential conflict with my new Mango Museum.

--Lan Sluder

Pdro is designing a Jager museum

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Pedro is designing a Jager museum

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
I'll drink to that! Only not Jagermeister.

--Lan Sluder

K
K
Does he sell heirloom seeds?

K
K
I heard the Cocao festivel is in Toledo and around the third week of May?

K
K
Don't forget the butterfly museum in Belize City.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.