Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37212 - 04/09/01 02:01 AM Looking for summer rental near SMU
Happy Go Lucky Offline
Hi,
I'm thinking about working at St. Matthew's Univ for the summer, but I'm not having much luck finding a place to rent. Any ideas or suggestions? I need 2 bdrms, furnished, close to SMU. Nothing fancy, but clean and safe--my children will be coming for a 8 wk visit. I'd appreciate any suggestions of moderately priced places that don't require a 6 mnth lease.
Thanks!

#37213 - 04/09/01 04:12 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
rickcheri Offline
The Smu area is very expensive, I do have some people over there that I know, but what do you think about lower Greenville... Let me know and I'll Check, Rick

#37214 - 04/09/01 04:25 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
Dallas Dave Offline
Rick you do need a vacation. There is no lower Greenville on AC.

#37215 - 04/09/01 04:36 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
Happy Go Lucky Offline
Thanks, at least you tried! I meant St. Matthew's U on the island. I probably need a local person or someone who has connections on AC. Thanks anyway!

#37216 - 04/09/01 04:51 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
Suew Offline
St. Matthew's has a housing coordinator that puts together tours for students and/or faculty about 1-2 weeks prior to each semester. At that time, you are brought to see various housing options and can discuss rates, ameneties, and misc. issues directly with the owners and/or reps of the different properties. Generally, the faculty choose somewhat nicer accommodations at somewhat higher prices. Many of the owners do not make advance arrangements as they do not frequently know too far in advance if their current tenants are staying or moving on until the last minute. Also, some private home owners who live on-site prefer to meet their tenants in person before making a decision. If you come at least one week in advance you should be fine with housing in a 10-minute walking radias of the campus.

#37217 - 04/09/01 04:57 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
Happy Go Lucky Offline
That sounds sensible, but I won't be able to get there until 2 days before the semester begins! My classes here end May 3rd, and SMU begins on May 7. I want to teach at St. Matthew's, but I have to have a place to live before I accept the job. I'm open for suggestions!

#37218 - 04/09/01 05:14 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
ALLaShe Offline
Happy Go Lucky:
E-mail me at jmyrick466@aol.com. I know a
local that rents to college students and
might be able to help you.

#37219 - 04/09/01 05:52 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
rickcheri Offline
Hey you all-- I'm so stupid... I thought you were talkin about SMU here in Dallas... LOL....Anyway I'll have a Belikin on that!!!!LOL only 6 days left.. Rick

#37220 - 04/09/01 05:58 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
rickcheri Offline
Hey Dave--
Thanks,,, Yes I do very much need the island... Been working 80-90 hrs a week.. Brain dead... Thanks for the reply!!!! See you soon.. Hey are Libby and family coming to the BBQ??? Rick

#37221 - 04/09/01 11:10 AM Re: Looking for summer rental near SMU
Karen Pasquariello Offline
I have good friends who have a house in the area you are looking for. Her name is Liz and email is turtone@btl.net I don't know if she has a place available for just the summer, but you could write and ask her. Just tell her that Karen Pasquariello responded to your message on the board.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, lomckenna, Pokey), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.