Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
Hi,
I'm thinking about working at St. Matthew's Univ for the summer, but I'm not having much luck finding a place to rent. Any ideas or suggestions? I need 2 bdrms, furnished, close to SMU. Nothing fancy, but clean and safe--my children will be coming for a 8 wk visit. I'd appreciate any suggestions of moderately priced places that don't require a 6 mnth lease.
Thanks!

The Smu area is very expensive, I do have some people over there that I know, but what do you think about lower Greenville... Let me know and I'll Check, Rick

D
D
Rick you do need a vacation. There is no lower Greenville on AC.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, at least you tried! I meant St. Matthew's U on the island. I probably need a local person or someone who has connections on AC. Thanks anyway!

S
S
St. Matthew's has a housing coordinator that puts together tours for students and/or faculty about 1-2 weeks prior to each semester. At that time, you are brought to see various housing options and can discuss rates, ameneties, and misc. issues directly with the owners and/or reps of the different properties. Generally, the faculty choose somewhat nicer accommodations at somewhat higher prices. Many of the owners do not make advance arrangements as they do not frequently know too far in advance if their current tenants are staying or moving on until the last minute. Also, some private home owners who live on-site prefer to meet their tenants in person before making a decision. If you come at least one week in advance you should be fine with housing in a 10-minute walking radias of the campus.

H
OP Offline
H
That sounds sensible, but I won't be able to get there until 2 days before the semester begins! My classes here end May 3rd, and SMU begins on May 7. I want to teach at St. Matthew's, but I have to have a place to live before I accept the job. I'm open for suggestions!

A
A
Happy Go Lucky:
E-mail me at [email protected]. I know a
local that rents to college students and
might be able to help you.

Hey you all-- I'm so stupid... I thought you were talkin about SMU here in Dallas... LOL....Anyway I'll have a Belikin on that!!!!LOL only 6 days left.. Rick

Hey Dave--
Thanks,,, Yes I do very much need the island... Been working 80-90 hrs a week.. Brain dead... Thanks for the reply!!!! See you soon.. Hey are Libby and family coming to the BBQ??? Rick

K
K
I have good friends who have a house in the area you are looking for. Her name is Liz and email is [email protected] I don't know if she has a place available for just the summer, but you could write and ask her. Just tell her that Karen Pasquariello responded to your message on the board.

Karen Pasquariello
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.