Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#372193 04/01/10 01:48 PM
G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Does anybody know why there is no water pressure...two days in a row? Do we have too many people on the Island? Is this a wake up call. Or is something just broken...again?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
D
D
I believe their is a problem with the water plant, they are talking about possible rationing over Easter weekend. Some type of memebrane filters plugging

Wow, less service and a 12.5% increase in rates. Sounds like the water taxis.....I'm noticing a trend here..........

Change your Latitude
Good to know it is not just us experiencing low pressure.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It isn't low pressure at this point...it's no water at all. Yes, what about that increase in the GST and decreases in service?

S
S
You are suggesting that all these problems with the RO system are planned???

G
GwenA Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think, in no way are these things planned. I do think there is a problem between the money gained from taxation and what it gets used for. Maintenance, preventive maintenance, and redundant systems should be the goal of utilities. I know that the power system is barely functioning and on the edge of failing at any given time. This situation with the RO may indicate the same thing.

P
P
A filter is clogged. Well, isn't that what filters are supposed to do? What irritates in this case is that they haven't had the foresight to get in a stock of filters, so they could simply change it. What if boat operators took the same approach to fuel filters - wait until it stops working before we see if we can buy another filter? They'd soon go out of business. But not a monopoly business..... It isn't as if they're struggling for funds.

The time when utilities, the SPTC and others overcome their internal inefficiencies and corruption by simply charging more may soon be over. We (the "rich gringos") have been content just to "pay up" and carry on as if nothing had happened, putting up with whatever service happens to be provided as "we're visitors in this country and have to accept how the locals run their affairs". And the best of the lot, "it's all part of local character and colour".

Now the sums involved are starting to get serious and our ability to pay is steadily diminishing. If there is a clear role for the Business Association, the Chamber of Commerce, and other local but largely gringo-based organisations, it is to step up and start challenging these practices that have been going on so long.

I can't go into details at this point but needless to say there is much more to this than meets the eye and if you think logically you'll work out that there is a reason why they are suddenly having problems with filtration and their membranes. Once the tests on the membranes have been completed the cause of the problem will be identified publicly but until then, jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts is not going to help the problem.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.