Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#37257 - 04/09/01 06:11 PM 5 fun adults need lodging help!
Marc Offline
We are planning a 7 day trip, probably to Ambergris Caye in late June 2001 (two couples and their best friend). We are all friendly, athletic non-smokers (but not non-drinkers). We want to pretty nice house where we can prepare meals or have them prepared for us (although we are not apposed to staying in a small hotel/B&B). A hot tub and pool would be a bonus.

We all want to get our diving certification and dive most mornings (we need a recommendation on SCUBA instructors).

Since some of us only vacation once a year or less, we want it to be a fabulous time. It would be nice to be close to some night life and shopping but proximity to a beautiful beach and snorkeliing/scuba is more important. I found over 500 listings in one web search. Can anyone steer us the right direction?

What's the difference between "North" and South"? Do we need to rent a car? What's the best way to get there from Belize City? What other questions should I be asking? Help!

Any help will be greatly appreciated and certainly reciprocated with advice for New Mexico travel or the Kodak Baloon Fiesta.

#37258 - 04/09/01 06:47 PM Re: 5 fun adults need lodging help!
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
There's a tremendous amount of information about Ambergris Caye here on Marty's Web site.

If you want to get up to speed quickly on Ambergris, you might also see my Free, Fun & Easy Guide to Ambergris Caye (access it from the main home page on our Web edition of Belize First -- see below). It explains where the different areas of Ambergris Caye are located, rates and reviews most hotels, and offers other advice. And it's ad-free so the information is candid.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
(and Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide and
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize)
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#37259 - 04/09/01 07:27 PM Re: 5 fun adults need lodging help!
Marc Offline
Thanks. I'm so excited I can barely get any work done. I just don't want to make any mistakes making decisions since the other four are depending on me and my net surfing ability.

#37260 - 04/09/01 10:46 PM Re: 5 fun adults need lodging help!
Ralph Offline
I assume you already noticed...but every answer to every question is on this message board...or in Ambergris Caye.com.... leaving in 4 days...full report when we return...good luck...use the "search" function..I think that everything has been asked..everything...

#37261 - 04/09/01 11:25 PM Re: 5 fun adults need lodging help!
Karen Pasquariello Offline
There are many options on Ambergris. Do you want to spend all your time on the island or split it up and spend time on the mainland, in the jungle too? My personal preference is to spend a few nights at a jungle lodge, exploring ruins, doing cave trips, horseriding in the jungle and hearing the jungle sounds at night, then head to the island for some water activities, relaxing, diving... But if you want to be on the island the entire time, you can easily do a day trip over to the mainland to see ruins. What kind of price do you want to spend per night? That would help determine which place best suits you, along with do you want a phone, tv... you already mentioned a hot tub and pool would be nice, along with a kitchen. I am not a travel agent but lived in Belize for 5 years, have a 12 year history, lived on Ambergirs and started a tour operation on the mainland so know the country fairly well. Feel free to email me direct if you would like, divensea@cobweb.net
Karen Pasquariello

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (SFJeff, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,710 Topics
461,236 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.