Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hey San Pedranos and visitors,

My wife and I lived in San Pedro up until last year and while we were there we adopted a beach dog that we named Playa (AKA snowball, Blanca, etc). She is a white dog with the best temperament in the world. You may have seen her going from bar to bar getting tourist and local love.

Playa only stayed with us for about 2 or 3 weeks per month as she loved to go out and cruise the beaches. Her regular haunt is at Conchshell Hotel. She is a wild spirit and can't be tied up.

When we picked her up, we took her to Saga and they told us that she hadn't had her shots in years. She has owners, Chinese shop owners who clearly do not take care of her. So, we gave her the shots and kept her at our house whenever she wanted to be there.

I would like to ask that if there are any people out there who love her as much as we do, that they find it in their hearts (and wallets) to pick her up and take her to Saga for her yearly shots as they are due around now. I know her "owners" will not do this. At Saga, I believe she is registered under the name Tammy if they didn't change it to Playa.

I know she is around still as people send me photos once in a while.

Please help our little Playa, Snowball, Blanca, Tammy, whatever. She is the sweetest thing around and has become an island institution...

Thank you to whomever has loved her and given her food over the past while as we aren't there to do it and thank you so much in advance if you do this.

I will post a photo in the photo section as I don't know how to here.

Keep safe San Pedro.

Steve & Alissa

B
B
I call her Vienna (after the Sausages she loves)...and if I can grab her, I will bring her to Saga. She was hanging out at the Tacklebox all night last night with various tourists....

L
L
BS,, that is very generous of you. The last 3 trips, we have been buddies. When I go down to Cholo's, she always "recognizes" me. LOL She is really a sweetie and I wish she was better cared for. I posted under her pic Canukboi put up today. My brother and I named her Rio (we thought she looks like she dances on the sand).

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Rebecca! Karma and us will thank you more than you know. You can clearly see how many people love her from this post and from the messages I have recieved when I was originally trying to find her owner back in Feb of last year.

C
C
Thank you Rebecca!
It was the best money I ever spent, keeping that sweetie safe. Oh! by the way, they will need to muzzle her when she gets the shot, i couldn't believe it, but she actually tried to bite the vet!!

Give her a kiss for me!

B
B
I just had her! And then called SAGA...no vet for a few weeks...and the clinic at Pedro's...no vet for a week. MAN!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.