Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#373770 04/17/10 07:43 PM
OP Offline
Hello!

My husband and I are planning our second trip to Caulker and are looking to celebrate our anniversary there. Yes, Hurricane Season, we know...but are seriously considering taking the chance.

Last time we were in Caulker was January 2007 for 10 wonderful days, and it's been way to long since that visit. We stayed at DeReal Macaw and enjoyed it but are considering renting a property for ourselves. We are trying to decide between two: Coconut Grove or Amanda's Place. Two very different properties with very different perks. Anyone have experience with these two places?

Also flying into Belize from Texas we may need to spend one night in Belize City (we are afraid of missing the Tropic Air last flight to Caulker). If we stay in Belize City we would probably just take the water taxi over. anyone have recommendations for accommodations in Belize City?

We are very excited about our upcoming trip. Looking forward to a Syd's lobster burger and sitting out by The Split with a Belikin or One Barrel in hand!

S
S
If you pre-book Tropic they will get you there that day...for sure!

OP Offline
Thanks Jesse...I knew I needed to come back to the board!

If you do decide to stay in Belize City, my recommendation would be D'Nest Inn. http://www.dnestinn.com/index.html My son and I stayed there and it was fabulous! All things stated on Trip Advisor are a reflection of what a great place it is. If you do stay overnite, have them arrange for a 'ciyy tour' before you depart. Even a visit to the zoo is possible.
Jesse is correct also, if you are prebooked, and your flight is delayed Tropic will ensure you get to the island.
BTW I do my darndest to ensure I in Belize for at least a few days of the lobster season in Feb, and one of my most memorable meals with lobster was in CC. At the Sandbox and it was lobster lasagna. cool

P
P
Once you know your dates, take out trip insurance that covers anything to do with a possible hurricane, including evacuation and loss of property. Then you'll be able to relax and enjoy it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day