Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#373277 04/13/10 04:11 AM
Inplub Offline OP
OP Offline
Can I take the ferry oneway from Chetumal to San Pedro and can you tell me which dock?

M
M
Yes.

In Chetumal, water taxis use the main pier, "Muelle Fiscal", which is close to the big Government building, "Palacio Gobierno", at the waterfront at the south end of the main street through the centre of the city.

On my BelizeBus site, there is a map of Chetumal showing the locations of the ADO bus terminal and the pier. The pier is also visible on Google Earth.

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Yes - I know the SP-BZ Express goes from the municipal dock in Chetumal (the one at the end of Ave. Heroes a couple of blocks from Sam's Club)and comes into the old Ambergris Divers dock in the centre of town next to Tacklebox. They leave at 3.30pm.

Not sure where the SP Waterjets leave from although I suspect the same dock - they come into the back of San Pedro next to Sunset Grill and also leave at 3.30pm

Inplub Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both. Does anyone have the price for oneway?

M
M
The BelizeBus site has more information including fares and links to the water taxi companies.

S
S
all this information is also at http://thebusschedule.com/bz

Inplub Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you I have checked and will have to wait and see if my plans work out to catch the ferry

$30US

Both boats arrive at the Chetumal municipal pier. That is the place with customs, immigration etc.
IMHO Jet is the better choice - great service, far nicer boat - and they have a MUCH better attitude. I have nothing but praises for their dedication to safety, comfort and service.

The "other" guys are the ones with illegal price rises, overcrowding and a pretty complete disregard for safety/flotation devices.

Diane, Are you referring to the boat which is docked North of the Market on the backside as the one you prefer?
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Both boats arrive at the Chetumal municipal pier. That is the place with customs, immigration etc.
IMHO Jet is the better choice - great service, far nicer boat - and they have a MUCH better attitude. I have nothing but praises for their dedication to safety, comfort and service.

The "other" guys are the ones with illegal price rises, overcrowding and a pretty complete disregard for safety/flotation devices.

Paradise Gallery & Frame San Pedro, AC

"Custom Framing & Art Gallery featuring local Artisans"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.