Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#374440 04/23/10 09:15 AM
S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I wish to use this forum to let everyone know that the Dancing Toucan Bar, at Coconuts Hotel, is open. It will remain open until we decide it is closed.

Please come and support Margie, who after 14 years is still here and is sticking by us.

Come meet Javier, who has a smile that just wont quit.

Our event schedule is the same:

Monday Night - Trivia - Come out and learn where your wenis is. Bar tabs to be won, free to play

Tuesday and Thursday - 6pm - Texas Hold Em - We play a very friendly game and tourists are always welcome

Friday Night - Karoake - always entertaining....and we have some awesome singers that some people have never heard...come out and enjoy yourself

Saturday at 2pm we have another Texas Hold Em game
The only outdoor by the beach game you will find.

Please come out and support your local bartenders.

We just heard praise about your trivia last night at Canucks - been meaning to come and promise we will do so soon.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Is Patrick and Linda running that place now ???? if so tell them Gaz said hi

S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Gaz....did you not read the topic headline? I will say Hi, but they do not run the bar, the people who live here know whats going on.....I will leave it at that.

Last edited by samray; 04/24/10 02:08 AM.
Errrr yes I did read the headline which meant nothing to me

i heard through friends of mine that Patrick and Linda had taken over the coconuts Bar and were running it, I tried to contact them a while ago but could not find a contact for the bar so when you posted it, I actually thought SAMRAY was Patrick or Linda

I obviously stuck my foot in something

Gaz

Great to hear Margie is still doing well there. She is the first person i met on my first visit to the island in 2000. She and David, who ran the place then, made my first stay there a most memorable experience. I always spend time at the bar when visiting. Ada was also a positive influence for me.

Margie is truly a great one. Always love that smile.

Let's see..........2010 minus 14 would be 1996. Nope, she was not at Coconuts then. She would have been working with Paola Fiore at Palapa and then followed her to Legends, at the old Paradise Resort Hotel. (Not to be confused with the current re-incarnation of that name). After the 'cane took care of Legends, she moved to Coconuts, working for Tim.

I hope the friendliness (Margie was not onsite when this happened) at that bar/poker game is more apparent than it was a two months ago, when tourists were turned away from the game. Whoever was running that game said they were full, only to setup another table for late arrivng locals, totally ignoring the tourists who wanted to play - even though there were still empty seats. (No it was not me, but I saw it happen)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
KLC..We love Margie!
Have you seen Paula recently? It's been a few years for us... We first met her at the Paradise Resort Hotel beach deli, and weren't those wonderful days with all that San Pedro friendliness?

Lucky us to have had that!

S
S
Paula passed away some years ago.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.