Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I'd like to try some fishing...maybe...while in Belize in June. Anyone familiar with it down there? Good? Bad? I need the "what's what". Thanks!

P
P
Shayray, from what I heard while down there the deep sea fishing is great. Now, the people who were downstairs from us at Seven Seas, got up very early every morning and went fly fishing!? Don't know exactly that it is your normal fly fishing, but they were totally into it, brought their own poles and all the equipment and had a blast. Sorry, I don't know who they went out with or where they went, but I guess it is done alot down there as we saw alot of men walking around with their equipment. It's not much but hopefully it is a little helpful.
Debbie

Debbie, the Punta Girl
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the info, Debbie. By the way, my name's Sharon. I've never deep-sea fished in my life. My boyfriend's interested and I think it would be fun. Sometimes getting there's half the fun, right? No problem with winging it! Do you like Seven Seas? I think that'w where we're gonna stay. Do you know anything about Hotel Del Rio next door?

Sharon,
We're staying at the Seven Seas in June as well. As for fishing. There is bone fishing in the flats, fly fishing, kayak fishing, reef fishing and deep sea fishing. All kinds. My husband and teen aged son fished the reefs last year and had a blast. We cooked what they caught, and also took it to a restaurant to have it prepared in the local tradition. It was fabulous. Many fishing guides have equipment you can use. We didn't bring any with us....
Debbie

E
Edd Offline
E
Hit Belize Search at the top of this page, then hit Fishing. That will give you some basic information. After next week, keep an eye on this board for a trip report from Ralph. He's down there now with his son, Max, fishing for everything that swims. His trip report will give good information about recent fishing conditions.I gave him my best guide recommendations, so I guess we'll see pretty soon how his trip went.If you have specific fishing questions, you can email me at [email protected] Good Luck!

S
OP Offline
S
Edd, Thanks for the info! I'll look for Max's report. I really wouldn't even know any specifics to ask since I don't know a thing about deep sea fishing. But, if I do, thanks for offering up the Email address. You may be hearing from me!

You will absolutely love deep-sea fishing! The excitement of reeling in monster fish is hard to beat! PLUS...the adrenaline rush cures all seasickness!!

S
OP Offline
S
Over_40_Pirate, Any suggestions who I should go thru for the fishing?

We reef fish with Mr. Luz Guerrero. He does a great shore lunch with the snapper you catch in the A.M. There are lots of good fishing guides. What can determine your fishing is how much money you want to spend. A full day reef fishing with snorkeling and shore lunch was @ $225.00 U.S. for all 4 of us. Deep Sea Fishing is easy double that, possibly per person depending on what you do. Don't know about the fly fishing prices.
Belize it!

S
OP Offline
S
Margarita, Thanks for the info! That helps plan the budget a little! Thanks for the name drop also.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.