Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#37459 - 04/16/01 11:14 AM Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
shaygray Offline
I'd like to try some fishing...maybe...while in Belize in June. Anyone familiar with it down there? Good? Bad? I need the "what's what". Thanks!

#37460 - 04/16/01 11:20 AM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
Punta Rebel Girl Offline
Shayray, from what I heard while down there the deep sea fishing is great. Now, the people who were downstairs from us at Seven Seas, got up very early every morning and went fly fishing!? Don't know exactly that it is your normal fly fishing, but they were totally into it, brought their own poles and all the equipment and had a blast. Sorry, I don't know who they went out with or where they went, but I guess it is done alot down there as we saw alot of men walking around with their equipment. It's not much but hopefully it is a little helpful.
Debbie, the Punta Girl

#37461 - 04/16/01 11:27 AM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
shaygray Offline
Thanks for the info, Debbie. By the way, my name's Sharon. I've never deep-sea fished in my life. My boyfriend's interested and I think it would be fun. Sometimes getting there's half the fun, right? No problem with winging it! Do you like Seven Seas? I think that'w where we're gonna stay. Do you know anything about Hotel Del Rio next door?

#37462 - 04/16/01 01:38 PM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
Debbie Offline
We're staying at the Seven Seas in June as well. As for fishing. There is bone fishing in the flats, fly fishing, kayak fishing, reef fishing and deep sea fishing. All kinds. My husband and teen aged son fished the reefs last year and had a blast. We cooked what they caught, and also took it to a restaurant to have it prepared in the local tradition. It was fabulous. Many fishing guides have equipment you can use. We didn't bring any with us....

#37463 - 04/16/01 07:50 PM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
Edd Offline
Hit Belize Search at the top of this page, then hit Fishing. That will give you some basic information. After next week, keep an eye on this board for a trip report from Ralph. He's down there now with his son, Max, fishing for everything that swims. His trip report will give good information about recent fishing conditions.I gave him my best guide recommendations, so I guess we'll see pretty soon how his trip went.If you have specific fishing questions, you can email me at ehask@airmail.net Good Luck!

#37464 - 04/17/01 11:20 AM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
shaygray Offline
Edd, Thanks for the info! I'll look for Max's report. I really wouldn't even know any specifics to ask since I don't know a thing about deep sea fishing. But, if I do, thanks for offering up the Email address. You may be hearing from me!

#37465 - 04/17/01 11:24 AM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
Over_40_Pirate Offline
You will absolutely love deep-sea fishing! The excitement of reeling in monster fish is hard to beat! PLUS...the adrenaline rush cures all seasickness!!

#37466 - 04/17/01 11:49 AM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
shaygray Offline
Over_40_Pirate, Any suggestions who I should go thru for the fishing?

#37467 - 04/17/01 01:36 PM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
margarita Offline
We reef fish with Mr. Luz Guerrero. He does a great shore lunch with the snapper you catch in the A.M. There are lots of good fishing guides. What can determine your fishing is how much money you want to spend. A full day reef fishing with snorkeling and shore lunch was @ $225.00 U.S. for all 4 of us. Deep Sea Fishing is easy double that, possibly per person depending on what you do. Don't know about the fly fishing prices.
Belize it!

#37468 - 04/17/01 03:09 PM Re: Info on deep sea fishing, anyone?
shaygray Offline
Margarita, Thanks for the info! That helps plan the budget a little! Thanks for the name drop also.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (steeplejack, Safecracker), 58 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,726 Topics
461,277 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.