Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
D.O.A. Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Earlier this year, I had a run of childrens chewable vitamins produced for Holy Cross school and other causes in Belize. I had originally planned on delivering these myself by bringing some in with us each trip. I have already delivered four bags during our last trip (customs loves to see us coming, we look like gypsies heading through the airport) and was planning on bringing more at Christmas time but those plans have been derailed. Sadly, it looks like I will not make it back until after spring break at this point. I delivered enough vitamins for them to make it until around Christmas in the first delivery, and if I can not find volunteers to help take these down for the time being, I am going to be eaten alive in shipping costs.

Is anyone going down who would be willing to carry a bag or two of these with them and deliver them to the school? Each bag weighs approximately 30 pounds and will fit in a carry on size bag. In a perfect world if someone with an extra free bag or elite status were going they could take the bag at no cost to them. Once on the island, they would need to be delivered to Holy Cross, and you would have to "negotiate" them through customs which can usually be done for around ten bucks duty(which I will include with the bag). I would gladly ship these to anyones door who would be willing to take one or two of them for the school.

Act now before I run out... err scratch that, I only have 13 bags of them at the house right now

Last edited by D.O.A.; 12/03/09 02:06 PM.
C
C
Is Feb 3rd too late?

K
K
We're planning to go down the 3rd week of January if there's still a need then. I'm Gold status with Continental, but you'll have to tell me how this will work with Tropic Air.

Still can't guarantee more than 1 bag since my wife will probably max us out even with the extra bag allowance (LOL).

Let us know if we can help.

D
D.O.A. Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Both January and February will be fine, we try to space the shipments out so that they do not have more than around three months supply on hand at any time due to storage issues (vitamins do not keep will in warm tropical enviroments, they begin to lose their nutritional value over time). Fortunately, we have some contacts with both Tropic and Maya, and they will generally allow us to "slip" in an extra bag, since they know where the vitamins end up. All we have to do is give them your names and let them know what flight you are on.

Thank You for the help, I will send both of you a PM with my contact information.

D
D.O.A. Offline OP
OP Offline
D
For anyone who is interested and has some space to spare I am still in the vitamin business and would love to be able to get some more bags of them down to the school so that they can be distributed to the kiddos.

smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

doa- lets get in touch. not sure when i'm down but its bound to be soon. i would love to help and thx!!!

D
D.O.A. Offline OP
OP Offline
D
T.Q. I tried to send you a pm, but it says you are over your private topic limit. I think you have to delete some old topics to clear up a little space

oooooooh my bad! i cleared some so now you can message me.

thx

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.