Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
He's not the first by a long shot and won't be the last either. Furthermore, he's not even close to the worst that has been here.

I can't speak for Carlos, but maybe he doesn't have the Tranquility Bay name because he wants to be able represent his personal views from time to time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

R
R
I don't know much yet I know a little something about something.

This is a case of minds clashing, nothing more, it has nothing to do with what you are posting here! Get to the source and go from there. What is the real beef?

Namiste/Have a blessed day
The town area down by Xanadu is actually quite nice, in my opinion. I think it is kind of pretty down there.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

G
G
here's the real beef, but as I see it. Our wonderful Island has a huge number of resorts, througout...north, south, and in town. The in town is severly misunderstood, because in town, there are many quiet and happy, and well managed resorts with full access to offer scuba,snorkeling, and historical travel events. I believe bad press about crime, or rowdy-ness, has maligned the in town resorts. When tourists haven't been here they hear that north or south are the only quiet or safe resorts. That is bunk. But, there is a trend on the board to ask about "quiet places away from drug dealers, loudness, and crazy partying. I don't think anybody it picking up on these questions and requests.

P
P
Now that's a different point and I agree with it. But in fact how many tourists are put off the in-town hotels by reports of crime? Do we actually know?

As to noise, there's no doubt that most of the in-town hotels ARE a lot noisier than those outside. Hardly surprising. I've known people who have stayed at popular in-town hotels and discovered that they can't stand the 24 hour noise. Other people like the sound of bustle going on around them. Each to their own.

Let's give people all the information they need to make their own informed decision. Like telling them that Ruby's cafe opens very early in the morning, so they can decide for themselves whether to stay there. They may love the convenience and not be at all bothered by the noise, or they may find they just can't sleep in such a busy place. Their decision - so long as they know up-front.

E
E
So, now you're slamming Ruby's ?

P
P
Why don't you learn to read, Ernie?

E
E
Not only can I read, I can also comprehend, you dolt

W
W
GWENA, I know Carlos. He is an employee of TB, not an owner. If I worked at Burger King and someone asked me the difference between there and McDonalds wouldnt I give reasons why I believe we have a better product? What is wrong taking pride in your establishment? Especially when he points out it might not be for everyone
If you are PO'd about the reputation the town is getting on this board (albeit undeservingly) dont take it out on a person that is proud of his job and his resort.

G
G
Look back on the thread, I just pointed out who was who. I wasn't slamming anyone. I really think that the users and patrons of the different resorts should be the ones singing their praises. Even though I live here now and have stayed at a resort for years, even I am not doing that. read between the lines.
Who cares about a person that works for a resort trying to promote it. It won't tell anything to a patron or tourist. what you have posted says nothing, and I hope you enjoy Burger King and McDonalds.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.