Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#375208 05/01/10 05:08 PM
P
OP Offline
P
... was supposed to open up at Sunbreeze today, but there's no sign of them and AquaDives is still there. Anyone any news on this?

I presume you are referring to "Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventure Lodge" (that is what I get when I google Belize Dive Connection)

After I read your post, my curiosity got the better of me...

I called them and asked if they were opening a shop in San Pedro and I was told yes. When I asked where on the island it would be, I was told the details hadn't been finalized yet. The person I spoke to did say that they are planning to open a shop on the island, but she didn't have the details as to exactly when or where.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
coming soon.

P
OP Offline
P
They announced ages ago that they would be taking over the Sunbreeze dock.

Hi Phishphish

Belize Adveture Lodge is another business seperate to Belize Dive Connection which is the dive business associated with Belize Adventure Lodge. (all owned by eh same people but different business's)

Belize Dive Connection has been around for many many years and was originally started by Hugh and Teresa Parkey, Hugh was a great big teddy bear of a guy and a good friend of mine but sadly he passed away a few years back but his wife continued with there business's and they have grown substancially with the arrival of the cruise ships in Belize.

They run a small resort on Spanish Caye near Belize city and use that as a base for servicing the cruise ships for diving and snorkleing.

They will be moving to Ambergris Caye soon and it will be a great addition to the other quality dive operations on the island.

They run a top knotch operation and if they get the spot at the Sunbreeze it will be a great partnership between one of the best divers hotels on the island and an excellent dive operation known for excellent service and boats.

Gaz Cooper

Are they still running the "dolphin encounter" at Spanish Lookout Caye? I went a few years ago when it first started and they were promoting it, but have not seen mention of it since. I have tried to reach them but no response.

Hon Offline
Are they going to be bringing herds of cruise sheeple to invade Ambergris Caye?!?! If that were to happen, unfortunately for me, it would be the beginning of the end of my interest in returning to San Pedro. frown

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
P
OP Offline
P
No, the dolphins stopped paying. As to cruise ships customers, I sincerely hope not, but I won't be surprised if we see a few more. As to when/whether they come, that seems to be an open question at present.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.