Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sha #376149 05/08/10 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Sha

@Pugwash: Could you give me some examples for the intra-country travel fares? We were considering hiring a car, could that be a good "alternative" or is it very expensive?

Another question I hope it is ok to ask: would it be worth crossing the borders and taking a look at Mexico or Honduras?

Hi Sha...when I said "relatively expense" think in these terms...the flight from Belize Goldson...San Pedro...Placencia.....Goldson cost as much as my flight from Dallas/Goldson/Dallas!

If you have time, consider UK..Cancun, then take the bus to Chetumal/Corozal, so you can see some of Mexico.

From there it depends on how much time you have..rent a car or take buses around the mainland, but don't leave Belize until you have checked out Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye, which you can access via Water Taxi from Belize City or Corozal!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
P
Cars are around US$100 a day and would be the best way to get around the Country to check things out. Get a 4 Wheel drive as the roads can demand them once off the main highways if it's been wet. Pug must get some cheap flights to Belize. Goldson to San Pedro is US$121 return or from Municipal Airstrip in Belize City - which you'd most likely use if you explore the mainland first - it's less at US$67 return. A forum for the mainland is called Belize forums Google the exact address and it will have loads of info on mainland Belize.

Phil #376342 05/11/10 07:25 AM
S
Sha Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Phil
A forum for the mainland is called Belize forums Google the exact address and it will have loads of info on mainland Belize.

You all want to get rid of me [Linked Image]

We checked out flights last night and are now unsure when to come. We were thinking about August/September as it would be easy for us to get a lot of time of. Originally we had the intentiont o come next year but I think we need a holiday sooner grin

And can someone tell me how long it takes to get from Cancun to Belize? And how much do cigarettes cost in Belize? I have read about a sort of duty free zone at the boarder. Does that still exist? Can I buy cigarettes there? grin

Sha #376377 05/11/10 10:38 AM
P
P
Just giving you another option to do some research. Also the search button on here it will give you tons of info, rather than asking the same questions over - there is currently a getting from Cancun thread running and there are hundreds more elsewhere on here.

Aug Sept is the perfect check it out pre moving visit as you will see Belize at it's hottest, wetest, most humid and stormiest, giving you a wider picture.

Phil #376436 05/11/10 04:18 PM
S
Sha Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes Sorry I noticed the thread after I had writen my question.

And what moving?

I am indeed moving soon but not to Belize but back to Germany. laugh

Sha #376643 05/12/10 11:30 AM
P
P
Re. moving, sorry added 2+2 and got 5. Incorrectly assumed you meant to Belize.

Phil #376700 05/12/10 04:12 PM
S
Sha Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No worries! smile

Although I do admit living in the carribean is like a dream but I think I would miss the snow in the winter. A Christmas tree without snow is like a summer without sun.

Good reason to leave the UK quickly. laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.