Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376089 05/08/10 08:36 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello all,
I realize this topic has been discussed before, but what are the current best options for vegetarian dining? I am bringing a vegetarian friend to AC next month and want to be prepared.
Thanks!

All of the larger restaurants have meatless fare.
Cheese pizza, vegetable chow mein, tomato-basil pasta, beans and rice, tomalitos de chaya .....
Portofino has an entire page of vegetarian selections at lunch and dinner (the seared romaine lettuce wraps are really good!; Blue Water and Red Ginger have some interesting selections; falafels at Ali BAba are excellent...... etc. etc. etc.
If your veggie friend has traveled s/he will have a sense on adapting.

Great ideas, especially the falafels! If you are a salad person Mangos and Blue Water Grill have lots of delicious salads.

My bad to neglect to mention Mangos. Yummy, imaginative recipes.

S
S
"The Palm" at Reef Village has a pretty good choice in vegetarian food and upon request at moment when you order you can even extend the choice:
different Mediterranean starters, vegetarian empanades,quesadillas, different salad choices with natural dressings, pastas with tomato and basil, or artichoke hearts and pesto or a cold tomato-basil-garlic topping, pizza with just cheese or cheese/vegetable, burritos without meat, veggie burger, steamed vegetable plate, vegetable friend rice and if you would eat sea food but no meat there would be another dozen of choices and if you're a fan of desserts I would recommend a pina colada cheese cake, a home-made brownie with coconut ice cream or a "pie de limon"! Que approveche! :-)

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone! I am excited to return to AC and share it with friends.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 320 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.