Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37617 - 04/16/01 11:37 PM Adult beverages
lmarquis Offline
I would like to bring back some rum (cane juice)and some Belikins. Does anybody know how much you can bring back to the States? Also, is it best to buy liquor at the Belize City Airport or does it matter?

Thx!
Laurie

#37618 - 04/16/01 11:41 PM Re: Adult beverages
barefoot Offline
Buy your liquor in the duty free shop before you leave the US. You are allowed 1 liter each duty free. When you return to the US buy 2 liters each at the Belize airport and take it back.

#37619 - 04/17/01 12:36 AM Re: Adult beverages
Mary and Scott Offline
We probably did a no-no,but we each (4 of us)brought back about 6-10 belikins(bought at the distributor) in our luggage(wrapped well in tee-shirts). Next time I am taking some "bubble-wrap" to wrap the belikins in. Only one broke, and it was a mess(but worth it!)

#37620 - 04/17/01 01:26 AM Re: Adult beverages
lmarquis Offline
Great idea. I have some bubble wrap at home. Would love to bring home more Belikins than I am supposed to. Did I say that?

#37621 - 04/17/01 01:52 AM Re: Adult beverages
Mary and Scott Offline
Not too sure how much you are even supposed to bring back (as far as Belikins), but we packed light in our large suitcase in order to bring back said items. We also brought back conch shells(which are everywhere, as most of us know).We all know we usually pack way to many items of clothing,so just cut back on clothes, and take back more beer!

#37622 - 04/17/01 04:26 PM Re: Adult beverages
Anonymous
mary, last summer, the cane juice at the bz airport duty free shop was $4 US a bottle! we had 2 packed in our suitcases from the grocery store, and got 2 more at the airport . they wrap them for you at the d.f shop.

i wrapped mine in t-shirts & put them inside gallon ziplocks. good thing, it leaked a bit (so did the marie sharp's sauce. bring those ziplocks!).

#37623 - 04/17/01 06:31 PM Re: Adult beverages
margarita Offline
Prices are great at the Belize Int'l Airport Duty Free Shop. You can check prices and stock at the Duty Free Shop when you first arrive in Belize. It is cheaper there than anywhere, if they have what you want. I believe you can bring as much as you want back to the U.S. - you will just be charged duty tax on the amount over duty free allowed. Same with Belize - you can bring more than 1 liter in but they will or can charge you duty on those bottles that are over the duty free amount.
Belize it!

#37624 - 04/17/01 06:39 PM Re: Adult beverages
Bobber Offline
I've been in the habit of picking up a liter of good vodka at the duty free on the way down. Unfortunately, the DFW duty free prices are usually higher than I can buy the stuff at home. Last trip I skipped the duty free and just bought a liter of Absolut at the grocery store by PV for about 3 bucks more than I could have gotten it at home. Seems like a small price to pay for not having to haul it and worry about it. Definitely saved room for the Belikin on the way home. By the way, scored some Belikin bottle openers and calendars direct from the brewery. Make nice presents.

#37625 - 04/17/01 08:37 PM Re: Adult beverages
Anonymous
ha! ised up my last 3 bz$ on 6 belikin coasters at the airport!

#37626 - 04/18/01 02:32 AM Re: Adult beverages
Bobber Offline
Geez Jane, you can swipe (liberate) those anywhere. That's just shopping in the worst sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Ricklap, Marty, lomckenna, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.