Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
But what I did not know is that the Remora's or sucker fish that hitch a ride on these have an unusual way of feeding.

I watched a documentary called wild secrets v1 very good and very informative.

Now we have all seen Mantas providing rides to rather large Remoras and it is normally agreed they catch a ride to feed on scraps that the host leaves behind after feeding however this would be understandable for a predator such as a shark where there would be bits of fish left after a shark feeds but what of a filter feeder such as a Manta.

Well it seems they feed on Manta POOP, they showed the Manta taking a dump and the fish got right in there for a feeding as it was expelled.

The 2 1/2 foot Remora however did not want to compete for the food so swam right up the Mantas BUTT shocked LOL

It completely disappeared up the Mantas Butt and then turned around inside and popped its head out LOL

Well I have seen some things in my diving career but that was something new for me LOL

Gaz

now there is a visual I certainly did not need! smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
<--- (Spitting out 15 bean soup) Well.... so much for supper tonight.. laugh laugh

Take the road less traveled
I've met a couple of people who do this.

I think thats so funny I have told lots of people to stick there head up there ??,well you know what I mean !!in fact I think there are some on this very island who walk around that way Every day !!LOL

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.