Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#377285 - 05/18/10 02:06 AM Using a DSLR as a video recorder
Peter Jones Offline
A complete episode of a popular TV soap is screening now on Fox, having been filmed in its entirety over 10 days on a Canon EOS 5D mk2. This is a first, and shows just how far cameras have progressed. So Elbert, we look forward to some scorching videos from your new Nikon D90!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363857,00.asp

#377287 - 05/18/10 02:29 AM Re: Using a DSLR as a video recorder [Re: Peter Jones]
klcman Offline
While the 2 big boys continue to battle it out (Canon being my personal fav) for the HDSLR market, stay tuned. Panasonic (I know.....)is supposed to be unveiling something in the near future that will further revolutionize the industry.

#377293 - 05/18/10 02:58 AM Re: Using a DSLR as a video recorder [Re: klcman]
Peter Jones Offline
Off the main topic for a moment, I'm in the Canon camp but only because the camera I decided I wanted (5D) happened to be made by them. 6 months later I would have bought a Nikon instead, as they then had a camera that met my purposes better.

But it is a source of constant amazement to me that with hardware that is at least as good as Nikon's and certainly more advanced (all the technological developments for years have come from Canon, with Nikon following suit and perfecting it), Canon keep scoring own goals with their firmware. Autofocussing, HDR bracketing, auto-ISO, metering generally, are better with Nikon than with Canon. Yet these can be remedied by a programmer in a back room somewhere, with no changes to the hardware at all. Canons seem to be designed for photographic engineers, Nikon for end users.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, Ricklap, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.