Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
How is Belize City right now and Corozal Town. I want to know the latest update presently. I hope everything is OK. Did the hurricane cause any main destruction in Corozal Town and Belize City?

read the posts further down on corozal and belize city...

Hi again, Another Hurricane Keith update. I wish someone would call CNN and the Weather Channel and tell them to quit scaring the people. According to them Corozal Town in northern Belize is being destroyed.
Well that is far from the truth. We have NO mudslides, NO flooding, NO hurricane force winds, NO houses being ripped apart by the winds. Many grocery stores were open every day. We got a little rain but nothing out of the ordinary. We have actually had worse storms when there was no hurricane around. I went into town a few minutes ago and the restaurants are OPEN for business. Our Inn, the Corozal Bay Inn also never closed for business. We are located 60 feet from the waterfront and never had to board up any windows and we slept with the windows open. Only the banks and government buildings boarded up.
The only persons that went to the hurricane shelter were the ones who lived in old wooden shacks. There are a few pools of water in the lower parts of the yard and we get that every time it rains. In town the only persons that have water in the yard are the ones who live in swampy areas.
The bay is calm and the tide is very low. We NEVER had any storm surge. Right now the weather is quite nice but overcast.
We appreciate the satellite photos from the Weather Channel & CNN but do not appreciate when they report what they do not know for a fact.
It is much more interesting reading when someone makes it sound like the end of Belize but it is not true for Corozal Town.
About San Pedro and Belize City we do not live there so we can not report on the happenings there. Thanks for reading.
Sincerely,
Doug & Maria Podzun www.corozalbayinn.com

Doug & Maria Podzun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.