Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#377891 05/21/10 04:34 PM
P
OP Offline
P
If anyone is traveling to Belize, please consider bringing some children's books in your suitcase to donate to the library. Our books are well used and we always need new releases. Especially popular are books for little kids and series books for teens. Since we started to get series books, the teens are flocking to the library. It is so great.
The other things we need are more bean bags. The little ones love to sit on the bean bags and read. Unfortunaely, they are 300 bze each so we buy 1 at a time.
Thanks so much for all your support over the years. Come and visit us when you are here and see the changes

D
D
We'll be down the end of June and will be happy to bring some books. Can you be more specific on the "series" books for the teens? It's been a long time since my kids were that age . . . .

P
OP Offline
P
Percy Jackson and the Olympiads, Twilight, and others . If you go to the teen center at the bookstore, they are pretty plentiful.My kids are older as well but go to the teen section of your local book store and you will see a bunch of series books. They are huge with this age group and madly popular.

P
OP Offline
P
I just went to amazon and typed in teen series and got tons. Becoming me for teen girls 4 book series, Feather, 3 books., All look great5 abd up to date.
Thanks so much

P
OP Offline
P
oops just saw typos. I am on tiny keyboard. Sorry

D
D
Thanks for the info. When we bring books and items for the schools, we have never had a problem at Customs. Is it the same with books for the Library?

debbief:

I am thrilled to hear that others are bringing books for the library. I am returning to SP in September and will have an entire duffle bag filled with books, arts/craft supplies, pens/pencils/erasers, etc. for the library.

The library's website //ambergriscaye.com/library suggests that you contact their senior librarian, Iracela Acosta to assist with a letter for customs purposes. That is what I have done. Her e-mail is [email protected]. Very nice lady. I have been e-mailing her back and forth since December & I am very much looking forward to meeting her.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
P
OP Offline
P
That is fantastic as we use those supplies for the summer program

D
D
Thanks for the Library website! I'll contact Ms. Acosta for a letter and see what else I can bring down to help.

debbief: You will find her very helpful. I had more fun buying the stuff for the library. Most of the books I picked up from library book sales, goodwill, salvation army, etc--so I was able to get them for $0.25 each. I know there is a need for this kind of thing in SP and I am so very happy to help out and give back to the island.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.