Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#377931 05/22/10 09:51 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Today Saturday at the Holiday Hotel!! Come check out the boats as they come in with their catch, and enjoy libations from the Hangover Sportsbar, plus great music and ambiance!!

San Pedro Sun

We had a blast in the tournament yesterday even with the storms and 6 to 8 seas caught baracudas and Tuna's (No Dorado's frown ) But won a prize anyway grin

for what?.......the most Belikin consumed in a yellow boat in the rain? laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
KLC, There you go assuming again. No Mon, Was not in my boat.

I went with my Belizian(and a couple of Gringo)friends in another boat.

We won BIGGEST Tuna. grin Did not have a beer until we weighed in at the dock, So THERE!!!!

Most of the 8 total fish we caught were on a pink fishing pole belonging to Ms 2Miles, including the winning fish. our Lucky pole. laugh

My biggest Tuna was 10 pounds (Yea I weighed it) and I had to wrestle with a shark to get the fish on board, shark only had his teeth in the tuna and the tail was hanging off a bit when I landed it. I won wrestle match, shark still hungry, Tuna lost battle. sick

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Reel Deal Tops Dorado Rodeo

After being postponed a couple weeks back because of bad weather, The El Dorado Rodeo 2010 came back strong with a great weekend of good fishing. The tournament took place on Saturday, May 22, with the official weigh in and trophy ceremony at the Holiday Hotel. Taking first place with ‘The Reel Deal’ with Captain Hillyboo Lara with his son Byron reeling in the largest Dorado, giving him the prize for Top Junior Angler. Rounding up the Top three boats were ‘The Contender’ in second place and ‘Da Next Lady” in third place. Top Female Angler was won by Kathy White and Biggest Tuna was caught by Enrique Marin Jr.

Second Place 'The Contender"

Third Place 'Da Next Lady"

Top Junior Angler Byron Lara

Got the Tuna !!! grin

you shoulda put that little baby back in the sea to grow up laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Portofino Fishing News!

[Linked Image] At the moment we have our guests Nicole and Jameson staying here with us, for their well deserved Honeymoon here at Portofino Beach Resort. Jameson is a true fishing passionate who has been a professional fisherman for many many years.

[Linked Image] Taking the well deserved first place with 'The Reel Deal' with Captain Hillyboo Lara, having his son Byron reeling in the largest 22lbs. Dorado, giving him the prize for Top Junior Angler. Not only the boat got manned by the two of them, our guests Nicole and Jameson where part of the team. The second largest Dorado 19lbs. got caught by our guest Jameson, however didn't t got recognized as the same boat and team couldn't make first and second place at the same time.

[Linked Image] Because Jameson's heart is into fishing, and did a lot of research regarding Belize, he did not only come to Belize for his honeymoon but also came here to attend the "El Dorado Rodeo 2010", which was held past Saturday, May 22nd 2010, with the official weigh in and trophy ceremony at the Holiday Hotel, located in the center of San Pedro Town.

Read the rest of the story and watch their pictures HERE .
Jan van Noord

KLC, They are pretty small compaired to our USA east coast Tuna

Our 12 lb took the prize, Hell even my 10 lb would have won except a shark decided to put some holes in it first.
Holy sushi no count.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
    Fishing enthusiasts came out to brave the seas on Saturday May 22nd in the quest for Dorados at the 4th annual Dorado Tournament. During the day, fishermen trolled the sea for the big ones, and called in their catch before docking at the Holiday Hotel beach where eager onlookers and friends came to see who had caught the winning fish.

Originally scheduled for the Labor Day weekend (May 1st), the tournament had to be postponed when rough seas and strong winds blew in. As such, there were fewer boats registered to take part in the tournament, but nevertheless, there was a buzz of excitement as one by one, the boats docked and brought in their catch (a mix of Dorado and tuna) to be weighed.

Below find the list of winners, along with their prizes:

1st Place Boat - The Reel Deal - 22lb Dorado - $3000.00
2nd place Boat - Contender - $1500.00
3rd place boat - Da Next Lady - $500.00

Top Female Angler - 20lb Dorado - Kathy White - $500.00
Top Jr. Angler - 22lb Dorado - Byron Lara - $500.00
Biggest Tuna - 12lbs - Enrique Marin Jr. - $ 500.00

Calcutta:
Contender - $1000.00
Real Deal - $500.00

San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.