Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#37835 04/21/01 11:03 AM
K
KatS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We just returned from AC and for the records I wanted to write down the websites to get cheap airfare. I know www.flycheapol.com is one but there were a few more people recommended. I was unable to find them in past suggestions. If you could remind me that would help me out for future vacations.

#37836 04/21/01 10:03 PM
KC Offline
Thanks for this post, and I'd like to ask others to provide info about cheap tickets also. We fly from Portland, Oregon which is about the most expensive place in the US to fly to Belize from. [Linked Image] I'm needing three tickets in July, and probably a big group of us going down in the fall, but the ticket price right now is really high -- $750.00 so my local travel agent says. www.4greatfares.com just gave me a price of 533, which is a ton better, but it's not confirmed that they can actually do that price. Lots of times when push comes to shove the answer is, "Oh, we don't have that fare any longer..." Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide more cheap airfare info.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#37837 04/21/01 10:14 PM
B
B
If you can get a price of $533 airfare Id grab it. We flew out of Buffalo, NY and had to overnight in Miami going and coming back which added an extra $200 to our trip. Flights out of Bflo. can't get us to Miami in time to catch flight to Belize City. Ropund trip air Bflo to Miami for 2 was $425 and altho air from Miami to Belize was included in our tour pkg. we were told the air alone for 2 was about $800. It cost aprox. $700 pp to get from Bflo to Belize (that incl. hotel in Miami) not cheap by any means but even worse is the idea of traveling 2 days to get there. These are the times I wish I lived in a larger air hub like Chicago.

#37838 04/21/01 11:01 PM
BigM,
Just a suggestion...why not drive from Buffalo to Toronto (2-� hours tops). Continental flies Toronto to Houston, and American flies from Toronto to Dallas/FW or Miami direct. Both airlines have short connections and make Belize the same day.

Bonus: Your ticket is purchased in Canadian dollars. $1 US = $1.54 Cdn. One week for car park is $49 Cdn.

**Jim

**Jim
#37839 04/21/01 11:34 PM
A
A
One of our friends called American Airlines on Thurs 4/19 and got tickets for next Fri. 4/27 from Phila...$533!!!!
We paid $568 getting them 5 months ago. So much for planning ahead.

#37840 04/23/01 05:00 PM
K
K
American Airlines is running a sale on most fares to Latin America. Tickets must be bought by this Sunday, for travel until 6/15. Prices are way cheap - RT from Hartford to Belize City is $465 and to San Pedro Sula is $420pp. Now we have to decide between Belize and Honduras!

#37841 04/23/01 06:11 PM
K
K
i have been burned in the past by http://priceline.com but we were checking for fares to belize about 6 weeks ago.

Flying from Denver (also an expensive city to fly from) the cheapest fare we could find was $930.00 [Linked Image]

I went to priceline and made a bid for $500.00.

They e-mailed me back and said "no but if you bump it up to $540.00 you are in" [Linked Image]

As I mentioned before I was burned by priceline awhile ago, so here is what you need to know...they will honor the ticket, but you leave anytime between midnight to midnight of your departure date....in other words if you departure date is 6/3 it is possible you could leave 6/3 at 11:59 p.m.

Knowing this I booked our vacation for 8 days instead of 7, low and behold we couldnt have picked better departure and arrival times.

This time it worked, saved almost 400.00 a ticket and I got an extra day in AC.

The best way to do it is, find your best priced ticket, then go to priceline and offer a couple of hundred less. If you dont get it, well, you didnt lose anything, but if priceline comes through, think of all the extral one barrell and belikins you will get [Linked Image]

#37842 04/23/01 06:24 PM
K
K
i have been burned in the past by http://priceline.com but we were checking for fares to belize about 6 weeks ago.

Flying from Denver (also an expensive city to fly from) the cheapest fare we could find was $930.00 [Linked Image]

I went to priceline and made a bid for $500.00.

They e-mailed me back and said "no but if you bump it up to $540.00 you are in" [Linked Image]

As I mentioned before I was burned by priceline awhile ago, so here is what you need to know...they will honor the ticket, but you leave anytime between midnight to midnight of your departure date....in other words if you departure date is 6/3 it is possible you could leave 6/3 at 11:59 p.m.

Knowing this I booked our vacation for 8 days instead of 7, low and behold we couldnt have picked better departure and arrival times.

This time it worked, saved almost 400.00 a ticket and I got an extra day in AC.

The best way to do it is, find your best priced ticket, then go to priceline and offer a couple of hundred less. If you dont get it, well, you didnt lose anything, but if priceline comes through, think of all the extral one barrell and belikins you will get [Linked Image]

#37843 04/23/01 06:29 PM
K
K
Got tired of priceline. Don't like to be stuck with the ticket.
We use, via the internet, Travelocity. Very good company! You can hold tickets at set prices until you make up your mind, then buy them when you are ready. They do usually give you a deadline, but in my experience, it's always very reasonable.

Also, in my frustration, I went to the continental website (by the advice of a continental phone ticket agent!) It was great! Just keep checking many times a day. The ticket prices change every minute as people cancel, etc. . .
I once waited until 3 days before I left for Belize, kept checking the continental website and got a ticket from Philidelphia to Belize city for $575.00. This is not bad at all considering my family has flown there tons and I think the lowest rate any one of us paid was $470.00.
Try the airlines website and just constantly check it!
Keep in mind that some airports are much more expensive to leave from. Any you can drive to?? This makes a big difference. I have a choice of 4 or so that I am willing to drive to and check all those each time. The airport closest to me (Syracuse, NY) always seems to be more expensive.
Anyway, just some friendly advice.
Good luck!
Jen

[This message has been edited by Kruman (edited 04-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kruman (edited 04-23-2001).]

Kruman
#37844 04/23/01 06:41 PM
S
S
I did tons of homework on airfare. Just booked it about a week and a half ago for departure 6/2. I checked connections, charters, priceline.com, all the "cheapairfare".com's and found out that American had the best deals. I think someone earlier in the post mentioned that American had reduced fares. One of the restrictions on the reduced fare was traveling Mon thru Thurs, but I got a Sat departure for just as cheap--direct flight even! Of course, I'm coming out of Dallas, so it may be a little cheaper for me. I got tickets for $455. Som epeople mentioned that their home airports were expensive to fly from. Unfortunately, Belize City is expensive to fly into. You might want to consider flying into Cancun (typically much cheaper and more charter availability). There's an express bus line that runs from Cancun to the border town, Chetumal. Check out the ambergriscaye.com site. Click on Travel hints. This is a 40-page document on everything you want and need to know about AC. Toward the end of the document is a section "How to get to Belize Cheaper". People have given very detailed accounts of their itineraries and what it cost and exactly how to do it. I was thinking of going that route until I stumbled across the great American deals. It may take you a little longer to get there, but may be worth the $ you might save. Hope this helps!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.