Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#37860 - 04/21/01 05:10 PM ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
Scott & Valerie Offline
Are you ready? Is the Motto/logo for SeaRious Adventure tours. I wanted to take the time after a 10 day trip that my boyfiend and I took to the Island of Sao Pedro/Belize to share our experience. We picked this spot because of the Reefs and the amazing snorkling. This wasn't a honeymoon trip, nor the once in a life time trip for us ....it was a trip we wanted to do together, something different...Not the average Cancun, Bahamas or Florida trip. So, budgeting was important for us. Once we arrived on the island we enjoyed walking from one end to the other and we notice alot of people offering TOURS to AltunHa, Caye Cauker(all day snorkling and visit to another Caye) and Laminia, Shark Ray Alley. After inquiring with over 7 different offices....SEARIOUS ADVENTERS is where we ENDED up doing ALL our TOURS AND TRIPS. The best decision we've made since arriving. Willie and Sandy both run the show. They have excellent staff. We did 5 different trips with them.
An all day 9-5 trip to visit the Maya Ruins at AltunHa. This trip took us on a speed boat through the mangroves to a small city called Bomba where we met the REAL WOOD CARVERS (you'll see the occasional street vendor selling these back on the main land, don't be fooled they didn't carve them...put it's a living for them... which is cool). Then we took an bus ride to Altun Ha. Boy or Boy was that bus Ride ever fun...picture this...all adults, on vacation with VIPER RUM in there hands...hilarious ride. Ricky and Russ were great they new it all. They spotted all the cites for us and new the history. This trip ended with a 2-3 hour stay at the Jungle Resort were we went on Hoarse back rides used their pool facilities and ladies....get this ...a spa treatement.

Our Trip to Lamini was beautiful and hilarious Willie himself with Russ took us on this trip. From 7am (rise in shine folks it's worth it) until USUALLY 5:30 but we had such a blast we didn't come back until 7:30pm. These guys know their stuff and the history of Belize, wildlife and places to be. The day starts with a boat ride to a small town call Bomba, a amazing bus ride (you'll have fun) to a small little river where you take another boat ride 35km to your final desitnation Laminia. Here you'll see many many birds and lots of local fisher man even Meninites. When we arrived at Lamini we not only visited the ruins but also walked through the jungle....wow I have never seen trees that big.

Another trip you snorklers must take with Searious Adventers is the Caye Cauker trip. Jeffery was our guide we stopped at 4 didn't diving cites and visited Caye Cauker for lunch.

Manuel is the Man for the Shark Ray Alley trip with Searious Adventures. He had me hugging Nurse sharks and feeding Sting Rays.
AMAZING AMAZING is all I can say....a MUST.

Folks Sao Pedro was amazing. We stayed at Ramons Village for our first 5 days to experience the luxary...but the best part was when we moved to Little RUBY's the 5 start of economy rooms. Folks staying at Rubys' was a delight, clean, roomy and great ocean view. You must try their RUM cake and Johnny cakes...forget the bacon and pancakes for breakfast.

I wanted to extend a special thanks to Willie and Sandy for running a fine Adventure Tour business. You guys certaintly know your stuff and make these trips an experience of a life time.

Thank you
Valerie and Scott
visiting from Toronto, Canada

#37861 - 04/21/01 05:54 PM Re: ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
B_b_f_b Offline
Great trip report, sounds like you guys did a lot. Were you overwhelmed by all the trips you did? You guys sure had a lot of energy. I admire you, I will lucky if I make it to Laminai and swim with the sharks and rays.

#37862 - 04/21/01 07:29 PM Re: ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
Punta Rebel Girl Offline
Glad you liked Ricky so much. He did our trip to Altun Ha and he was so fun. He kept us laughing the whole time and had so much info. to share. We learned that the more you ask, the more they have to tell you. You really make or break the trips yourself, because they aren't going to sit there and tell all the neat facts to people who act as if they could care less. They have to do these trips everyday, so for them to be all up about it, the crowd they take out needs to be fun too.
So happy your trip was a success. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Punta Rebel Girl

#37863 - 04/22/01 12:45 AM Re: ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
cajunflo Offline
How much did the tours to the different sites cost??

#37864 - 04/22/01 01:21 AM Re: ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
Punta Rebel Girl Offline
Cajunflo, I want to say Altun Ha was $60. That does not include lunch, or massages or any extra things you do at Maruba Spa. But still, I would say it was totally worth it. It was a great relaxing day, and I have more than $60 worth of memories. That was the only day trip I did. The rest were just snorkeling trips that were $20-$25.
Punta Rebel Girl

#37865 - 04/29/01 12:49 AM Re: ARE YOU READY?....SEARIOUS ADVENTURE TOURS!!!!
Lissa Offline
I am going to Belize on May 10 through May 20. I am spending May 10 through May 13 at duPlooys in the Cayo District in Western Belize. On the 13th (around 4PM)I fly to San Pedro where I am staying at Ramon's. What I would really like to do is wear myself down while I'm at duPlooys and see and do as much as possible. It's a short stay but I want to cram as much as possible in those days and then when I get to AC I'll lay back and take it easy. With it being a short stay what suggestions would you make as to what I do (see). There seems to be so many ruins and I have no clue as to which ones would be the best. Also, has anyone been Cave Tubing? If so, is it worthwhile? This is offered as an activity by duPlooys. Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated. If someone would like to write my BUSY itinerary for those days, go for it. But once in AC I'm chilling out! Never been to this area but want to make the best of it. Thanks.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dabunk), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.