Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#379353 - 06/07/10 11:19 PM Belize Premier Football League
parkers3 Offline
(1) I'm trying to find a good source of information on the Belize Premier Football League. I'm a member of BigSoccer http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/ , but they do not post much on Belize football.

(2) Also, I would like to purchase a jersey of one of the BPFL teams. I have looked around on the Internet quite a bit without success. Where would be the best place to try and find one?

You may contact me directly at sparker281@ruraltel.net or post here.

Here are some of the sites I follow:

Football Federation of Belize

Belize Champions - Rec.Sport.Soccer Stats Foundation

Belize Premier Football League

The Belize Times - Sports

The Guardian - Sports

Amandala Online - Sports

Belize Soccer Thread - Big Soccer

Channel 5 Belize

7 News Belize

BPFL 2010 Season

Great Belize Productions Ltd.

#379382 - 06/08/10 10:56 AM Re: Belize Premier Football League [Re: parkers3]
Phil Offline
Teams in the BPFL chop and change most years due to a lack of finances, with new owners and new sponsors most years for many teams. Typically each larger town has a team, but with new sponsors and owners even the team name will change. One of the sponsors duties is to supply the kit for the coming season and it will change colour each time more often than not. The shirts are usually generic strips with a sponsor logo printed on the front and often are other team shirts such as Barca England. This leads to no real identity for teams and no strips are sold, some people get hold of an old shirt if they know a player etc but no extras are bought to be sold.

If interested in a Belize shirt contact the BPFL (via phone I suggest)as National Team shirts were for sale in the past at their Belmopan HQ

#379444 - 06/08/10 05:46 PM Re: Belize Premier Football League [Re: Phil]
parkers3 Offline
Thank you very much for the reply, Phil. That is a helpful post. I was hoping maybe the Belize Defence Force, Hankook Verdes, Georgetown Ibayani, or FC Belize would have something.

Do you know if BDF will have an opportunity to play in the CONCACAF Champions League?

#379506 - 06/09/10 08:43 AM Re: Belize Premier Football League [Re: parkers3]
Phil Offline
The Champions play in CONCACAF CL most years but usually both legs are outside Belize as currently we have no FIFA rated Stadiums. I believe Norman Broaster in Cayo soon will be and Marion Jones in Belize is also being rebuilt but not sure if to FIFA Standards though.

#379563 - 06/09/10 04:01 PM Re: Belize Premier Football League [Re: Phil]
parkers3 Offline
I did some searching today and found this. Hopefully next year...

I would have enjoyed seeing Belize Defence Force playing this summer in the Champions League.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,698 Topics
461,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.