Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#378747 05/31/10 03:59 PM
OP Offline
A Belizean Family in need!

This is a very difficult letter for me to write but many avenues seem to have been closed to me so I hope you can take the time to read our story.

We are the Parents of a handsome 6 month old baby boy, his name is Daniel Martin Estell Jr., he was born November 27,2009 in San Pedro Town, Belize. Daniel has a smile that lights up the world. He is loved by many and adored by his daddy and mommy. Baby Daniel suffers from a rare liver disease 'Biliary Atresia'.

Biliary atresia is a blockage in the tubes (ducts) that carry a liquid called bile from the liver to the gallbladder. The condition is congenital, which means it is present from birth. The only 2 treatments for this disease are the 'Kasai Procedure' which baby Daniel has gone through already and secondly a liver transplant, which baby Daniel is in dire need in this present time. Nobody really knows what is the actual cause for Biliary Atresia the only thing we know is it can be treated. The encouraging news is that most of the babies who are treated in time grow up and live normal lives.

Presently we are in Los Angles, California where baby Daniel is being treated at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and is in a stable condition but just for a short period of time, due to his chronic and progressive liver disease. He will need a liver transplant within the next few months. Time is very critical in his life.

This brings me to the reason for my letter. Without Medical Insurance or money to finance the surgery, Baby Daniel cannot undergo his life saving liver transplant. Although we have received some help from the San Pedro Town A.C Community, it is not enough. So we are now asking for help in funding our son's liver transplant or anybody who can assist us in any way possible. I would not approach you but I've tried many other options with no luck.

Contact Information:
Mother: Ilda Marina Guerrero - 310-766-7227
Father: Daniel Martin Estell Sr. - 310-487-5740
E-mail: [email protected]

Please consider this request with our most sincere gratitude,
Ilda Guerrero and Daniel Estell

W
W
WOW... what does one say but, yes.

I enlisted Sapphire Beach Resort to help with the AIDS Foundation a few days ago and they are on board for this too.

Please PM me where to drop off the SBR's check.

Thank you.

P
P
Roadkill will be doing a fundraiser for Daniel Martin Estell Jr.

On June 10th at 6:00 PM at Roadkill Bar there will be a "WORLD CUP 2010 SWEEPSTAKES"
This is how it will work for BZ$20.00 you will pull out of a hat a team that is playing in the 2010 world cup. There are 32 teams if on July 11th, your team wins the WORLD CUP then you will win BZ$250.oo if your team gets second you will win BZ$70.00 . The other 50% will be donated to Daniel.
Please come out and have some fun and join World Cup Fever!

Last edited by purdygrl; 06/08/10 03:01 PM. Reason: changed payment structure so second place one money
OP Offline
A big thank you to Sapphire Beach for its kind donation to Baby Daniel.

And I look forward to the fundraiser at the Road Kill - you guys are always so wonderful at raising money and awareness for local causes.

God Bless you all.

P
P
Good news we are at 50% sold and paid for so far!

Last edited by purdygrl; 06/08/10 03:13 PM.
OP Offline
I'll be buying a ticket!

Amanda,
If you see Danny Guerrero, could you please check if he received my message?
Sorry to bother you, but he is (understandably) hard to reach these days...

weile #379775 06/10/10 04:37 PM
OP Offline
Hi Ebbe I see him most days and will ask.

The Road Kill bar is running a 2nd World Cup sweepstake. See everybody there tonight.

On June 10th at 6:00 PM at Roadkill Bar there will be a "WORLD CUP 2010 SWEEPSTAKES"
This is how it will work for BZ$20.00 you will pull out of a hat a team that is playing in the 2010 world cup. There are 32 teams if on July 11th, your team wins the WORLD CUP then you will win BZ$250.oo if your team gets second you will win BZ$70.00 . The other 50% will be donated to Daniel.
Please come out and have some fun and join World Cup Fever!

Road Kill has already delivered $320 for Baby Daniel and we hope to see another $320 tonight.

Thanks for your support.

P
P
Hi Everyone,

Like Amanda said we were able to raise $320.00 our second draw didn't get 32 people however we were able to raise another $160.00.
Thank you for everyone who came out and bought a ticket.

OP Offline
Wow, that is great news. Thanks so much to everybody at the Road Kill!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.