Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
What a sweet guy!

Just so you all know...Axeman is a super nice guy...not hard to look at either....LOL

Sorry we didn't have much time to get together. Maybe another day! [Linked Image]

G
G
If you are nice to the dogs and pet them (which is risking getting some nasty disease yourself) the dog will walk you all the way down the beach at night and protect you. There was one dog we called Fido outside of 3 amigos dive shop that always walked us home.

P
P
Hellooo, there were not any beach towels at Seven Seas, just the bath towels, I just used my sarong as a beach towel and found that with the wind blowing like it does you 1. dry off fast and 2. can't get a towel or sarong to stay in one place on the beach if you are using it to lay out on. They had just gotten these wonderful cushions for the lounge chairs and regular chairs at Seven Seas and that made them very comfortable. They have the chairs around the pool and out in front of the hotel on the beach, so a beach towel is really not necessary. [Linked Image]
And the dogs on the island are really very funny. Karin already told you that there was a dog we called Fido that walked us home every night on the beach. No matter if it was 12:00 or 5:00 in the morning when we came home, he was there to protect us and we were on the third floor and he would walk ahead of us up all the stairs and wait outside our room or sleep down on the beach in front of the hotel. The dogs are more protective of the tourists and bark at the locals. It is crazy. We asked our friend Andy why they are like that, and he said they always go to the tourists and stay with them and bark at the locals. There are also a lot of cats there too, don't forget about them. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
One of the local dogs used to walk along behind me and nug me (hard) with its nose, in the back of my thigh, all the way down the beach. Made it kind of hard to walk sometimes. Never did figure out exactly what it wanted.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
ok, so now I know what the dogs need, but Punta Rebel Girl mentioned cats too. I don't want to leave them out, any suggestions of what they need?

P
P
Swayflo, the cats there are a little different. They are so thin and really thin fur, and they eat EVERTHING. I had dinner at Carusos one night and had a pasta with tuna. Two cats sat at my feet the whole time and were giving me these really sad looks, so I fed them some of the tuna. I was worried the waitress would not be pleased about this, but she came over and said, "If you can't finish your pasta, they love pasta too!" I have never seen a cat eat pasta before, it was really very funny. SO the moral of my story is, I think anything you take to the cats would be appreciated, though I don't think they really play with cat toys too much, but might enjoy some real cat food treats. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
S
S
Thanks for the info, I'm sure I'll be sharing my food with every stray on the island!

S
S
What or who is SAGA? Do I need an email address or should I just post something to them?
Thanks!
Susan

the woman you want to talk w/about the SAGA Society (kinda like Humane Society)..the 1st i believe in SP, her name is Bron. Lives up on north part of the island..very sweet..email us at [email protected], we'll hooh you up!! Like Axeman says...they need de-wormer!~! C

S
S
Thank you both for the info. I just emailed SAGA and am waiting anxiously for their reply! It already sounds like AC's going to give so much joy to me, that it feels good to try and give something back!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.