Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#381417 06/24/10 04:32 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you travel to Belize, your passport must be valid for 6 months from the time you travel. I can't seem to remember anything else about the subject. Say, if one is traveling there in November and December, 2010, but passport expires in April, 2011.

Anybody know?

Reality..What a concept!
ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS: All U.S. citizens must have a U.S. passport valid for the duration of their visit to Belize. U.S. citizens do not need visas for tourist visits of up to thirty days, but they must have onward or return air tickets and proof of sufficient funds to maintain themselves while in Belize. Visitors for purposes other than tourism, or who wish to stay longer than 30 days, must obtain visas from the government of Belize. All tourists and non-Belizean nationalities are required to pay an exit fee of U.S. $35 (payable in U.S. dollars only) when leaving Belize. Additional information on entry and customs requirements may be obtained from the Embassy of Belize at 2535 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008, Tel. (202) 332-9636.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
L
OP Offline
L
Perfecto, good to go.

"proof of sufficient funds to maintain themselves while in Belize." hahhahahhaha

S
S
BIG BUCKS!!!!!

M
M
Although it may not be the best source of information regarding immigration, here's what it says on the BTB site:
http://www.travelbelize.org/plan-your-visit/getting-here/entry-requirements-2.html

Entry Requirements

With the exception of cruise ship passengers, all visitors to Belize must present a valid passport before entering the country. Please note that driver's licenses and birth certificates are not approved travel documents and cannot be used to enter the country.

Visitors to Belize must be in possession of a passport valid for at least 3 months after the date of arrival and a return ticket with sufficient funds to cover their stay. If you have fallen in love with our country and would like to stay longer, you can request a one-month extension from the Immigration and Nationality Department.

L
OP Offline
L
Gracias, gentlemen....just hate having to deal with a renewal if I really don't have to quite yet. smile

B
B
So my passport is expiring again soon so I go to the U.S. Belize Consulate website and click on the link for passports--It says--renewal?--I press Yup--It says if you live in Belize and are renewing you have to go to the State Department website in the USA--click here--I do and I am indeed in the Passport Dept. in the USA-they ask me if I want to download a renewal form--I click Yup--they say I have to go to the Belize Consulate to get it--I say OK--I click on their link and Damn if I don't end up right where I started. So I called them(took 10 min. to find the # on the web page--they don't like to talk I guess)and I get this cute sounding Kriol gal telling me to press 1 for this and 2 for that and i do--then I get a voicemail from Jennifer, who sounds like a real nice State Department Foriegn Service worker. She says she is not at her desk and will return my call as soon as she returns (from the lady's room I assume?)and before the end of the business day. She asked me for the particulars of my impending drama and my name and phone #--all why being in the potty I presume. Aint't high tech cool?--that was 3 weeks ago. Makes it pretty easy to understand why they can't plug a little hole in the gulf doesn't it.

LM, you will have to renew sooner or later . . . my recommendation to you remains unchanged. Renew sooner, before a trip is closer to pending. Your trip (trips) will come up before you know it and sometimes, the rules/laws don't matter cuz some petty bureaucrat or airline personnel at the check-in won't know the requirement, but will believe they know it. You could find yourself turned away before you even leave the home airport and/or frustrated along the way.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I traveled to Belize in early November 2009 & my passport had an expiration date of March 22, 2010. So technically, I had only 5 months of "validity" on my passport when I traveled to Belize.

The only issue I had was whenever my passport was checked, they usually looked a couple of times--only because my hair was much shorter when my passport was issued in 2000. Other than that, no issues.

Also, when I renewed my passport in March (which I used their "standard" processing), I had my new passport in about 3 weeks. Maybe, I just got lucky.

just my 2 cents...

Last edited by phishhippiegirl; 06/25/10 08:00 AM.

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.