Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38150 04/26/01 09:51 AM
Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm bewildered.... Someone help.
I read on this board about taking an underwater flashlight to hang off the docks at night and watch the sea creatures.... I've really wanted to try it. I've gone shopping for an underwater flashlight and have only found waterproof. Is that the same thing? I'm thinking that one just floats if accidentally dropped in the water, and the other is actually for diving. Those of you that have tried this, what did you use?
Debbie

B
B
Any outdoor store carries the brand "Hi-Tec"
flashlights. Mine takes 2 AA batteries and is submersible--It will say something like "good to 100 feet" the cost is about $10us. They have larger ones w/ 4 or more batteries. The small ones make great key chains and fit easily in the pocket to pull out on a dark beach or hotel with a california style blackout:-] I lost mine in the Blue Creek cave and i imagined nearly sightless fish, accustomed to darkness, worshipping this slowly fading etherial beam...
Belize it

Debbie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much Big Frank!!
None of the "waterproof" ones I looked at said any thing about good to 100 feet or anything. I figured that's not what I needed. The key word being submersible. I'm planning on a night snorkel, and also like sitting on the dock in the evenings with a cool one. Watching the fishies will be nice. Thanks again.
Debbie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.