Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I bought a package of cashews in AC. Will I be able to take it back to the USA thru Belize customs?

Thanks!

S

N
N
I think it's the US customs at your port of entry you should be concerned about. I have not had any problems bringing pre-packaged food into the US or Canada, fruit,vegetables etc. that's a different matter.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks NC! The cashews are processed in sealed in cellophane. Do you think that helps? I may have to eat cashews for dinner tonight!

No problem.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
L
L
It is the US Customs you should be concerned about, if anything. I just returned last month from a trip to Argentina. Upon my return, I came through Dallas and US Customs there. I had bought some wonderful cookies and candies and was advised by Mr. Customs Man that all food must be declared or there could be a $200 fine levied on you. I was unaware of this and he advised me a lot of people are unaware of this rule. He simply changed it on my form and I was good to go.

Good thing they didn't getcha on your way home from Peru. (wg)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

N
N
Yes there is a question on the declaration form asking about food. Once you tell them they will ask what it is and decide if it can be imported to the US.

L
L
Originally Posted by seashell
Good thing they didn't getcha on your way home from Peru. (wg)

smile Think I will have a cup of coca tea

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks all! It turns out the cashews were not an issue, as they were consumed during our festive Friday night "We have leftover beer, rum and snacks and we are leaving in the morning" party.
S

K
K
It's amazing what goes through if you just declare it. Went fishing in southern baja in May. 2 fishing partners from Alaska brought down about 10# of smoked salmon for "after fishin'". Declared it in LaPaz and were good to go.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.