Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38193 04/27/01 12:20 PM
S
sirhc Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We are going to San Pedro the first week of June. I have read various conflicting weather forecasts for that time of year.

I would like to hear from anyone who has been there in June, if infact it is the rainy season, I would cancel and reschedule for a sunnier month.

Thank you!

#38194 04/27/01 12:28 PM
June is probably one of the best times of the year to visit the island. If you go the last 2 weeks of the month you will enjoy both Lobster, season opens 15th, and Conch season that ends the end of that month. Even though it is supposed to be the beginning of the rainy season, you normally won't see an unusual amount of rain for the area. We were there last year and enjoyed the lobster Festival on Caye Caulker the first week of July.

#38195 04/27/01 01:28 PM
There is really not a "rainy season" on Ambergris Caye in the sense that many people think of tropical or sub-tropical rainy seasons. Yes, beginning usually in late June the very welcome seasonal rains come to Belize, but it's not as if there are monsoons. In any given week in the summer and fall there can be some days with a lot of rain, especially so if there's a tropical storm in the region, but again it's like many places in the world including much of the U.S. -- you can't predict the weather on a daily basis. It could be dry and sunny for days on end, or you could hit a rainy spell. Most likely, even in the so-called rainy season, on the cayes it will be sunny part of the time, partly sunny or cloudy part of the time, sometimes with showers or rain for a couple of hours and then clearing.

Overall, I agree that June is a great time to visit the cayes. It's before the prime hurricane season and after the prime tourist season.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#38196 04/27/01 01:33 PM
S
S
sirhc, I was a little nervouse about that, too! I happened to have read some other posts mentioning the GOOD weather in June before I booked. In fact, several different people said that May & June are the best times to go. We are going to be there the 1st week in June, also. Let's pray for gorgeous weather!! Have a wonderful trip! Sharon

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.