Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#382366 - 07/03/10 11:58 AM Walker and Sheets
tacogirl Offline
I am putting out a call for a walker and extra sheets for our friend Rick Farmer. He is a great guy and needs our support right now as he is recovering from a punctured/collapsed lung among other things.

Just got word from Tina that Tim is bringing Rick home from the hospital today. He is still in rough shape. Even though Tim and Tina have lined up 2 people who are going to be helping look after him I am sure that extra help would be welcome once Rick is settled in and it is assessed what else is needed for his care. Could end up being things like scheduled visits and meals.

Hat's off to Tim and Tina they did an amazing job making sure Rick was ok and Tim went with him making sure he was able to be seen at Belize Medical Associates [Dr Dan's recommend] and after getting him checked in - Tim stayed on to make sure that Rick was ok and getting what he needed.

Also hats of to Ben and Drummer Dan who along with Tim were the ones to get Rick to Dr Dan who said immediate hospital care was needed.

Anyone to have friends like that lot is very lucky.
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#382377 - 07/03/10 01:07 PM Re: Walker and Sheets [Re: tacogirl]
tacogirl Offline
Just got word from Tina...

We also need a wheel chair. Rent for a few days would be good. If not just to get him from the airport to home would be great.
call 628-7034 or 226-4000
tacogirl Facebook, Belize Life Linked In - Belize info & images https://www.facebook.com/tacogirl

#382382 - 07/03/10 02:13 PM Re: Walker and Sheets [Re: tacogirl]
tacogirl Offline
Update Dr Lerida rents wheelchairs so that is taken care of.

If anyone has a use a sturdy office chair or an idea of something else that would work so that he is able to wheel around his apartment.

#382408 - 07/04/10 12:10 AM Re: Walker and Sheets [Re: tacogirl]
kerry Offline
omg...just read another thread by tacogirl, and pm'd her as to which rick this is...question answered here...rick is a good friend of mine and i want to thank tim and tina, drummer dan and the tacos, and anyone else involved for taking such good care of him...could you keep me posted thru pm's on anything he may not want posted in an open forum? thanx...kerry

#382419 - 07/04/10 11:12 AM Re: Walker and Sheets [Re: kerry]
tacogirl Offline
Hi Kerry I am doing general updates for people who know him on the blog and I just replied to your pm.

I would invite anyone who knows / has met Rick that is not here and would like to send well wishes please pm me a note and I will print them off and give him everyones well wishes. I know he will appreciate it.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.