Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
While Tanya Vellair has by August to come up with the money for a surgery to save her life, Farah Jones' case is much more urgent. The 29 year old mother of four came to us today with little to no time on her hands.

You'll remember her as the city council employee who got fired, she says blamelessly for corruption.

And you'll also know that she has renal kidney failure, and depends on biweekly dialysis to survive. But now, she is at a loss because she no longer has enough blood to withstand the procedure. She told us what she needs.

Farah Jones, Needs Blood
"I need to get blood, at least 4 pints of blood for my dialysis. The feeling right now, I have water in my lungs. my body feels tired and the left side of my body is swollen, so i am just making a plea to the public for help financially so that I can provide myself with medication and if anyone out there that can donate blood for me, if they can please help me because right now I need a lot of help and i don't know how much time I have, and every day I have to fight, just to survive through one day and every day is hard."

Emaun Hyde
"What would be the case if you don't manage to get the blood in time?"

Farah Jones
"Then I will die."

Emaun Hyde
"How does it feel being in such a situation, where your life is being threatened?"

Farah Jones
"It's rough, sometimes I try not to think about it, but it's rough, I have four kids and I don't want my kids to see me like this."

Emaun Hyde
"Do you have any hopes for getting better?"

Farah Jones
"I did but right now my body is tired, I don't know how much more I can fight, I just feel tired. I pray every day, every day I pray, I pray to get better, but I have no assistance none at all from no one, I am trying every day. Sometime I go to people like the public places to ask for donation but everyone tells me that business is bad, so I have no other option, so I decided to come here today to ask the public to please help me, I need their help."

Channel 7

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Farah Jones Update

Farah Jones was featured on our newscast on Wednesday asking for a donation of blood. The 29 year old mother of four and a former City Council employee suffers from renal failure.

A good number of people have called our office offering to help - and one Belizean American in the US navy even offered 25 us to anyone who would donate a pint of blood.

But today she is still desperately in need of 4 more pints of blood - in order to receive her next dialysis treatment on Monday. Monica Bodden found out more:..

Farah Jones
"I went to try and get dialysis done yesterday but it was impossible because my blood was at 4.3 and I was not breathing properly my body was too tired and I had to get admitted here at the Karl Heusner in order for me to get emergency blood which I got yesterday. I still need 4 more pints in order for me to continue with the dialysis and then I need to try and stabilize my limit of blood, right now my blood is about 7 it went from 4.3 to 7 so I have to say thanks to the public for the help thanks to everyone for the prayers the calls the text messages, all the inspirational messages that I have received I want to thank everybody first of all and then I want to thank God for still having me here. I will continue to fight because I want to be there for my kids."

If you would like to assist Jones with blood or monetary donation - she can be reached at telephone number 625-7857.

Channel 7

do we know what blood type she is?

she is A negative.

As far as I have been told by a few different people - Blood type does not mater here it goes on the credit system so as long as you can get someone to donate the amount of pints you need then you are good as long as they have your type in stock.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.