Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#383146 07/08/10 10:40 AM
OP Offline
Hello everyone.....we will be on Caye Caulker for a short time in Aug while the family does a snorkel trip with Coral Breeze. There are a couple of us that are going to stay on the island and want to rent a golf cart. Where is the closest one to where we get dropped off. (The Tropics Hotel)I have stayed on Ambergris before as my friend has a home there but I don't know my way around Caye Caulker. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Michele

M
M
George has a place next to Allantic Bank, however nobody renting carts is going to be further than about 1/4 mile from where you are staying.

markw #383204 07/08/10 07:21 PM
C
C
You may end up walking a mile at the most to see the island. If that's a problem, why not just rent bikes. Most choose bicycles on Caulker. A golf cart is way over kill.

If you want to rent a golf cart on Caulker, and can afford it, go for it. When it's 95 degrees and 90 percent humidity, you'll be glad you're not on shank's mare or peddling an old bike. It's a long way from the Split to the airstrip area and back when the heat index is 125 degrees and the mosquitoes and sandflies are biting -- don't let people kid you.

--Lan Sluder

S
S
Ah yes..always a positive word...

Ah, the ol' sweetie himself!

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
B
B
We could make a fortune with you two in a jello wrestling match wearing nothing but butt floss.
Ding!!! Round 1--lets go!!
I got $10 on the Truman Capote guy.--sorry Jesse

S
S
No offense Michelle but how old are you? If you're as old as Lan you might need a golf cart but other than that you can walk and stop at each bar on the way for a refreshment.

KKB Offline
Was just in Caye Caulker. Cart rental rates and cart taxi rates are much tooo high. I did not see many rented carts in use and lots of empty taxi's. We walked with no problems. The taxi assoc. might consider lowering rates and go for quantity along with the rental guys. There was a lack of tourist on the Island compared to past visits, been going since 92. With the economy challenges in the States, Caye Caulker could once again become the affordable place to go...I would lower all rates including hotels as an Island and advertise like crazy. They would come.

Laughter, new friends & far away travel. Wildlife, adventure unexplored jungles. You deserve it all
KKB #383958 07/17/10 06:25 AM
R
ron Offline
R
Don't know how cheap you want the taxi fares to be. They are the same now as when I started coming to CC eight years ago. $5 bz from the airport to your hotel is pretty cheap that's $2.50US. I can't get a taxi anywhere in the States for that amount. Most places I know haven't raised their rates either. How cheap do you want them. They can't pay you to stay there. This is the time of year when the hurricanes and rains come so the tourist typically stays home. You can still find rooms from $25 up. Not sure how much you want tourist that can't afford a room for that amount. Taxi rates won't make a difference in the number of tourist coming. I've yet to have anyone ask how much a taxi cost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day