Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Hi,My wife and I are planning to move to Belize in early 2011
we have vacationed on Ambergris Caye several times and Love it there but keep hearing Great things about Consejo Shores area.
Anyone with comments or suggestions would be appreciated.We are looking for a long term rental for 12 months before making decision to buy.Also,we are thinking of driving thru Mexico ,any thoughts or comments ,that could help us in that way?

Thanks for your help.
Jim and Sherri Sulivan

consejo shores reminds me of subdivisions in the states...it is located approx. 7 miles from town...the road is not in the greatest shape...nice homes there, but doesn't have the belizean ambiance...

T
OP Offline
T
Kerry,
Thanks for your reply.Does that mean you like it or not?
I understand that it may not be like living on Ambergris Caye but we are not sure if we would get tired of the Tourist atmosphere or not.
Is it easy to make friends there?Do the locals accept new people easily ?
Sorry for the questions but need info to make decision.

Thanks Again,
Jim Sullivan

i have lived in corozal twice...once for a year, and just returned to the states after being there for 9 1/2 months...i don't know what u are looking for, but i don't care much for the majority of the ex-pat community in corozal...very cliquish...consejo is an ex-pat community...i prefer to hang with the locals, and a few good "gringos"...i chose corozal because it's on the bay, so i could still be near water, and there is not much in the way of night life...keeps me out of the bars and trouble! lol! and the cost of living can be quite cheap...it can also be quite expensive...good luck to u smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.