The annual lobster fest is back on schedule for this weekend in Caye Caulker where the favored crustacean will be featured. And for those who can’t make it out to the beach this weekend, the city’s very own Palm Island, will be swinging with its own celebrations. But if you’re looking for a quiet weekend, be sure to catch the film festival. Safiyyah has the stats on all the island vibes and more.

Hey I’m Safiyyah and this is what’s happening Belize?

This weekend is your chance to go out to Caye Caulker and enjoy Lobster Fest the way it was intended to be enjoyed. The 16th annual Lobster fest that had to be postponed a few weeks ago is coming alive this weekend. It will all kick off with the opening ceremonies which is taking place at 10am Saturday morning. This will be followed by an all day beach fest, which will have games, music and of course delicious food.

During the night you can enjoy the party called Island Invasion. This bash will be going down at the Palapa Beach Resort Garden. The dance will feature Tagg International, Selecta Clearance and international Remix Masters.

There will also be an all day beach party on Sunday as well just in case you are interested in going out to caye caulker for the day. You can take the family out for a day trip and enjoy one of the endless recipes for a lobster dish.

Tonight here in the city you can head over to Palm Island and be a part of the celebration for the one year anniversary of French Kiss. French Kiss is the weekly Friday night party held inside Palm Island for all the grown and sexy party goers. The music will be provided by Tagg International and they are personally inviting everyone out, to also celebrate the long awaited return of DJ Special. They are doing this bash Mardi Gras Style so make sure u check it out.

On Saturday night there is only one place to be and that is the Multi Purpose complex in Orange Walk Town for the show they’re calling one of the Biggest Fashion Shows Belize has ever seen.

Grabrielle’s Magix Fashion show and Dance concert promises to be like no other. There will be colors, there will be style and of course there will be models. These, all original, designs will be modeled in the most unique ways. This is definitely a show for all you fashionistas out there. The show will begin at 7pm at the Multi Purpose complex in Orange Walk.

On Wednesday of next week all the ballet lovers out there can head over to the Bliss and enjoy something extra special. Next Wednesday the Embassy of Mexico in collaboration with NICH will be putting on an extra special classic ballet show to be performed by the Quintana Roo Classic Dance Company. This will be taking place inside the Bliss here in Belize City and is completely free. So there is no reason why you and friends of family shouldn’t head over and check it out.

Next week Thursday if you are out west then you can head over to La Cabana where they will be having Ladies night featuring Cloud Nine Sounds. This one is called Jeans and fitted. They are inviting everyone out to go have a good time and enjoy all the summer fun.

Among the many things happening Next weekend, you should look out for the Film Festival that will kick off next Friday. This is the 5th edition of the festival and the opening ceremonies will be held at 7pm at the Bliss center. The ceremonies will feature a celebrity red carpet as well as a cocktail reception and the viewing the movie Silent Army. The film festival will run from the 16th thru to the 24th.

Well I promised you guys something extra special for my food segment, now check this out…

Safiyyah Mohammad

“Hey I bet you’re wondering what’s going on? Well let me tell you.. this week I want to tell you all about a very special challenge we’re doing. Now everyone has a favorite fry chicken spot here in the city. I bet with me just talking about it, your mind has already popped up one and your mouth’s probably watering. Well this challenge is so we can see which fry chicken spot would come out on top when all they are all placed on one table with three blindfolded judges. But for this week I’m just going to introduce you to the 4 contenders…

Our first contender is popularly known as kick down fence. Their chicken is best known for that spicy flavor…Delicious!

Our second spot is Pratts Fry chicken, popular for the traditional Belizean taste… Yumm!

The third spot is Li Chee located on Freetown, so scrumptious that it actually led someone to write a song in its honor… That’s tasty!

Now our last but definitely not least, contender is Chon Saan Palace. Their flavorsome chicken is most popular for that subtle but great curry taste and the fact that the deliver, just tops it off… Super!

Come next week these for spots will face each other for the first time in a throw down Belizean style.”

So who are you supporting? If you can make it, be sure you head over to our Channel 5 building on Coney drive on Wednesday at three p.m. and check out the battle for the best fry chicken! Come and check out our judges as they try their best to pick the number one fry chicken spot. Until next week, have an excellent weekend. Bye!

Channel 5