Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#38361 - 05/02/01 02:42 AM Parasail??
ccla Offline
Does anyone offer parasail now that Barefoot Watersports has stopped? papaflo was really hoping to give it a try this trip!
If anyone has any information, please let us know. Thanks, Carla

#38362 - 05/02/01 03:27 AM Re: Parasail??
Marty Offline
None that I know of....

#38363 - 05/02/01 03:32 AM Re: Parasail??
ccla Offline
Thanks, Marty, that's what I figured! Oh, well, I guess papaflo (Henry) wll just have to find something else to do!

#38364 - 05/02/01 03:44 AM Re: Parasail??
seashell Offline
Barefoot! Why did you stop parasailing? After those great pictures that were posted here!

#38365 - 05/02/01 03:48 AM Re: Parasail??
Anonymous
uh oh. debbie's husband wanted to try it too. she will be bummed.

#38366 - 05/02/01 05:16 AM Re: Parasail??
rickcheri Offline
there was just 2 different businesses doing the parasailing just 9 days ago..my parents went and loved it! I don't do heights, but would like to rappell into the rainforest sometime...I bet one of them is still doing it! End of Fido's Dock, not sure about the other business...more south!! They had plenty of business.

#38367 - 05/02/01 05:24 AM Re: Parasail??
Gaz Cooper Offline
Yes Parasailing is available now Barefoot has stopped

Tony and Yvonne and Dave run a Parasailing operation off the fidos dock they also offer Jet Ski's, Kayaks, Hobie Cats,

So have no fear you will bo able to soar and get some awesome pics of Ambergris from the air.

Quick Tip

request the late ride just before sunset AWESOME

regards

Gaz
Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE www.divebelize.com

#38368 - 05/02/01 02:28 PM Re: Parasail??
barefoot Offline
I will attempt to answer the question that keeps being posted about why we stopped parasailing. Since our arrival on the island we have offered various watersport activities to our customers. Our goal has always been to provide satisfaction to our customers. We found the parasail operation to be a marginal proposition at best. It was neccessary to employ 2 full time people to run a part time operation. It is unsafe to parasail in winds that exceed 17 knots, which actually happens quite frequently here. When the parasil operation cannot be run the expenses are still there, the employees are still there and no income is being generated. This situation caused us to review the parasil operation part of our business and eliminate it. Rest assured we are still providing customers with top rate services such as Jet Ski rental, Water Mice rentals, Booze and Dinner Sunset cruises, and most of all our special diving program. Customer service is our primary goal. Just because we don't parasil anymore doesn't mean we are fading away. Experience the difference, visit us.

We offer the only rear entry and rear exit dive boat on the island. Beginnig in June we will also have available the Barefoot Express (formerly the Blue Hole Express) for true comfort visiting the outer atolls.

Visit us at: www.barefootwatersports.net or on the beach between the Island Academy and BYC or at our newest location in town next to Belize Bank.

#38369 - 05/02/01 03:14 PM Re: Parasail??
rickcheri Offline
GAZ..sorry we missed u while we were there! How are things going for you up north??? C&R

#38370 - 05/03/01 01:24 AM Re: Parasail??
Gaz Cooper Offline
Hi Rick Cheri

Yes sorry I missed you sounds like you had a blast though.

Everhting up North is A1 and I have found what i was looking for so hopefully i will have erverything online a lot faster than expected.

All the best to you

Gaz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.