Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3836 10/02/00 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I just got this email from a friend in Stann Creek with info from various areas of Belize.......

It has continued to rain incessantly here and the wind has picked up a little. However, we still don't have major flooding (about 3-4" in my yard). Business/life continues as usual here-banks, business, etc.
Not school though.

My heart is toward Caye Caulker. You're right, things are bad there.

Only ten houses remain standing on the back street (where my cousins live); I heard that the water taxi is running today though, to take relief: one bakery donated 1000 loaves of bread...wish I could be there.

Last night my Aunt told me that homes in the Port Loyola area were being destroyed: zinc roofs flying all over the place and even concrete walls caving in. She doesn't live there but she has a friend who lives in a
little plywood house in that area. My uncle lives in Lord's Bank (Northern highway) and a few homes have been destroyed there.

Not sure what else is going on. Keith is now a weak category 1 hurricane, 80 m. winds, 30 miles SE of Belize City, pactically stationary and apparently weakening. If it goes down to 74 ml. winds, it will then be classified a tropical storm. However, warning areas can still expect storm surges of 6 to 8 feet (water).

So, continue to pray.

Midday ham radio report speaks of Keith still stationary located off Belize city,
centered between Cay Caulker and Cay Chaple, winds 90 MPH extending
out for 15 miles.

Spo has winds of 40 MPH. Keith still stationary and still predicting NW
drift twords Czl with further weakening by land effect.

Rivers in the west are starting to rise. we are currently 11 ft above normal
under heavy rain. We could expect heavy flooding in thr Belize River valley
area and towns along the Belize river.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.