Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hon Offline
It's possible that getting back into your own country may be an issue. There was a woman with a child ahead of us in the immigration line at Charlotte about 4 years ago. Her passport was due to expire in 3 months. I have no idea what happened in the end because after about 15 minutes of begging, pleading and explaining she was taken off to another area to be processed. It looked scary to me...but then I've been called a wimp on many occasions smile

Personally, I'd try to get everything in order, if at all possible, before traveling.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
C
Calirn Offline OP
OP Offline
C
update on the passport issue- we made it!!! yay! almost no one looked at my son's passport until we got to the Continental counter at Houston- where they check your passport again- the issue they had was that my son's last name is different from mine. We were travelling with dad (who has the same name) but they were questioning my maternity. Thank goodness I brought along his birth certificate to prove he was my son. At first I was a little indignant, but then I figured with all the parental kidnapping issues, I felt glad that they were diligent.... any-hoo...we are here enjoying the wonderful Belizean paradise!!! (I will in the future always have a very valid passport- too much stomach stress!)

Glad to see you made! Now enjoy yourself.

These days is you fly internationally with a minor you should always carry a permission letter from the parents. If you are one of the parents you need to carry a letter from the other parent as well as any court orders that you may have that grant you custody of the child. You may not be asked for the documents but if you are and you don't have them you will be prevented from boarding the flight.

C
Calirn Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Amanda-
I absolutely agree with you....they may never ask for the papers...but it is always good to have them at the ready!
Yes we are enjoying ourselves!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Belize and her people!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 230 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.