Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#383714 07/14/10 07:51 PM
C
Calirn Offline OP
OP Offline
C
flying in for one week.... child's passport expires in 2 months. How strict have you seen them be at the border with a passport that will expire within 6 months?

L
L
I just asked about passport expiration on another thread. Check under Travel forum, "Passport an Issue". I concluded I would not take a chance and sent mine by mail for renewal.

by the way, passport fees and renewal fees just went up two days ago!

C
Calirn Offline OP
OP Offline
C
thanks for the thread...problem is, we leave Friday, just pulled the passport out of the safe...grrrr...I'm going to hope that since we are only there for a week, he's a 9 yr old child...and the passport is still valid, it's about all I can do, right? Now I'll be sweating bullets and they'll wonder what I am hiding! haha!

shouldn't be a problem

I was told that as long as the passport is in effect while you are in Belize, then you are fine. It could expire the day after you return home and you are still good. If it is that close, they would just check your return airline ticket to verify that you would depart Belize before the passport expires.

L
L
Not what I have heard, I was told if it is 6 months before renewal it was no longer valid. Check other places to make sure, just to be safe.

R
ron Offline
R
To late to do anything about.Just go and report what happens. Good luck

ron #383737 07/14/10 11:18 PM
R
R
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but while at the airport checking in for one of our international flights, I witnessed someone being turned away, not allowed to board for his flight because his passport expired within 6 months. I do believe there is some inconsistency in the enforcement. Meaning you may be fine if you get the right people along the way, but I wouldn't feel certain.

L
L
I have also heard about the 6 month time period and have confirmed that it is the case. There are many countries that have a time expiration imposed on passports, a lot of them are only 3 months.

I also have heard of people being denied boarding because of this very issue. However, I have also heard that it was not an issue with some travelers. Good luck and I hope you report back on your experience so other travelers know.

Good luck. Hope all goes well so you can have a great holiday!

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.