Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
JudyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am a 42 single female and am considering purchasing a place to live in AC Belize for when I retire at 67 or 70. I went to Belize a couple of years ago (Turnafee Flats) and loved Belize. I have already logged in hours and hours of research on the internet but there are so many options - I thought it would be best to ask people who actually live in Belize (or go there very often). My preferences include easy access to snorkeling, a nice beach with easy access to the ocean for swimming, a gut renovated/or to build new interior situation, an amazing pool, access to restaurants (taxi/bike/walking/golf cart good enough), other people around, and I would like to have a dog. I am hoping for a combination of a sociable/exciting area but also somewhat quiet and peaceful area at night. I only need a 1 bedroom/1 bath but would prefer a large shower and either soaking tub/jacuzze. I can put $150,000 down and would prefer that to pay off the entire deal as I am not rich and would need to save quite a bit going forward for eventual living expenses when I retire. I looked at the Captain Morgans and Coco Beach sites and that set up looked nice but I am sure you can not have a dog. I also looked at Tranquility for their amazing beach but did not see availability to purchase anything. Thanks in advance for all your suggesstions/thoughts!

Best,
Judy from MA, USA

Last edited by JudyB; 07/19/10 12:07 PM.

Judy
P
P
Judy,
check your P.M. mail.

J
JudyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
thanks!

i can't find my 'PM' though. how do i access?

(i'm a newbie)

-judy

Judy
Look for a red flashing flag in the middle of the home screen

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
I see you got it JudyB

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
J
JudyB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
found where it is - just didn't get one from padennis - which is why i was confused....
thanks,
jlb

Judy
AC is a great place and I think everything you just described can be found there! We have a place on the island and visit as often as possible. ENJOY!

~jill~
G
G
Just to make sure you don't get too many messages that say the same thing...most people will tell you to spend as much time here as you can. Try out all the different parts of the Island, and that's easy as there are rentals and resorts everywhere. Your price probably won't allow you to build or renovate, but there are nice places at that price. It's different living here than visiting. All right, what usual pithy bits of advice have I missed? Oh, research is good, but staying here trumps all the research.

Last edited by GwenA; 07/19/10 06:49 PM.
Judy,
Have you figured out how to read your Private Messages? Just sent you one that might be some help.
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
K
K
I first visited in 2000, and have seen what the last 10 years have w(b)rought. Can't wait to see what it looks like 25 years from now, when JudyB comes down.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.