Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#384712 - 07/28/10 12:24 PM Atlantic Bank Problems
Beachdog Offline
Has anyone else discovered funds missing from their account/s. My checking account came up $430 short. When I questioned the teller I was told I must have spent it and it's not the banks fault or responsibility to prove to me what happened. I don't have a Atlantic ATM card and only wrote a few checks since opening the account which they should be able to track and see the error is on their part. After talking to some friends who are Belizean I discovered it happened to two of them in the last year or so. They also were rudely blown off by the staff.

#384718 - 07/28/10 12:53 PM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Beachdog]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
Pursue it higher, because maybe the same staff member that blew you off, actually stole the money out of your account. It is not unheard of.
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

#384744 - 07/29/10 06:22 AM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Cybercayecaulker.com]
samray Offline
Absolutely go higher up....the tellers are not helpful, except to hand out cash or pay bills. They are limited in what they know or what they can do.

#384758 - 07/29/10 10:22 AM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: samray]
JZB Offline
Can you not look at your monthly statements and find out where and when the money was taken out of your account?

#384772 - 07/29/10 11:31 AM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: JZB]
gecko_girl Offline
Do you have their online banking? That may identify when/where/how if you don't have your latest paper statement. And you should get all your processed cheques back so can prove you haven't written any others. Definitely pursue this - I have banked with Atlantic for almost ten years and never had a problem.
HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com

#384792 - 07/29/10 04:49 PM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: gecko_girl]
Beachdog Offline
These problems go back a while and I gave up on the Bank and money. I had this account since '02 and only used it to occasionally pay a bill. From the beginning I never received a paper statement although my San Pedro PO box was on file and on I numerous occasions I inquired with the floor manager at to why. When the funds disappeared my account it had been inactive for a few months since I pay for most things in cash. I did speak to the then manager and was met with a blank stare and complete indifference. It was then I decided to just write it off as another lesson to living here. As for the account I took out the remaining money and left it at that.
What disturbs me more is the same thing happened to two Belizeans I'm close to with very little income. They work crappy back breaking, low paying jobs but made the effort to open an account and diligently saved 20/30 bucks a week to only have that stolen. They were met with even less respect or care by the bank when questioning the indiscretions..... Thanks for all the replies though.

#384800 - 07/29/10 05:28 PM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Beachdog]
Mike Campbell Offline
Maybe a call to Central Bank?

#384848 - 07/29/10 11:02 PM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Beachdog]
Clopez Offline
Hi, I sent you a PM about this topic. Please read and get back to me so I can help.

#384852 - 07/30/10 09:03 AM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Clopez]
Diane Campbell Offline
I think that all of the local banks have a policy whereby you have to report a problem within 60 days in order to have it resolved.
We had issues with Atlantic some years ago - they deducted an entire hotel payroll from our company account. When informed they promptly rectified the error. We also changed banks.

#384880 - 07/30/10 12:09 PM Re: Atlantic Bank Problems [Re: Diane Campbell]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
I have banked with First Caribbean in Belize City, Atlantic on Caye Caulker and Belize Bank in Belize City. Atlantic Bank has been the best so far with hardly a mistake in 10 years versus my experiences with the other banks. But it still pays to go higher and not accept this automatically.
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.