Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#384764 - 07/29/10 11:08 AM Bookstore?
ivorypen Offline
Forgot to ask in my previous post if I needed to pack lots of books or if there was a reasonnably well stocked bookstore on AC?
Thanks again for your replies.

#384767 - 07/29/10 11:13 AM Re: Bookstore? [Re: ivorypen]
hazzyy Offline
There are a few bookstores but we can always use new books on the island. Consider maybe bringing a few of your old ones down and swapping them out.

#384768 - 07/29/10 11:18 AM Re: Bookstore? [Re: hazzyy]
lovey and thurston Offline
Books are very heavy to pack. Aquarius beauty salon on middle street has a lot of used books at very cheap prices. We usually take our books up to B.C.'s at night and put them on the railing. They go like hotcakes, see if they have some while you enjoy a drink. Because of the weight of bringing or shipping books, we found investing in a kindle to be a great way to always have a good book available.
R.B. Mernitz

#384769 - 07/29/10 11:22 AM Re: Bookstore? [Re: lovey and thurston]
SnoopysMom Offline
Pages bookstore has tons of books - I think mostly used, but great condition.

#384770 - 07/29/10 11:27 AM Re: Bookstore? [Re: lovey and thurston]
gecko_girl Offline
I agree with the Kindle suggestion - Phil bought me one of these for my birthday last year and I use it every day (sometimes all day at the weekend!!!). You cannot download the books wirelessly direct to the Kindle while in Belize, but you can download them to a computer and then transfer via USB. The whole process takes less than a minute per book! And the battery lasts for days. I have the smaller one which I think Amazon have just reduced the price on.

HOT Guide Belize - now on your mobile phone! Info, events, discounts & more - www.hotguidebelize.com

#384775 - 07/29/10 12:02 PM Re: Bookstore? [Re: gecko_girl]
Just replaced our laptop with an Ipad. You can download directly on those. I do think their prices are a little higher than Amazon and the kindle you can read easily in the sunshine. But both are great options when traveling.
R.B. Mernitz

#384781 - 07/29/10 12:56 PM Re: Bookstore? [Re: lovey and thurston]
ivorypen Offline
Thank you everybody, am pretty old fashioned so still like the feel of a book when I read...So far...
We're only coming for 2 weeks so I'll buy a few books after security at the airport to be on the safe side and visit the local options while in AC.

#384784 - 07/29/10 02:08 PM Re: Bookstore? [Re: ivorypen]
pamkillen Offline
Don't forget the library. We have a pretty good selection of adult books. And when you leave, consider donating any that you have brought down to our collection. We look forward to seeing you at the San Pedro Town Library . It is right next to Wild Mangoes

#384791 - 07/29/10 04:15 PM Re: Bookstore? [Re: lovey and thurston]
UnderThePalmTree Offline
You can also download the Amazon Kindle app for Ipad and directly download Kindle books on your Ipad in less than a minute here in Belize, just in case you haven't yet, lovey and thurston. I like ibooks too, but amazon has a much larger selection right now. My tastes tend to be a little eclectic. smile

#384793 - 07/29/10 04:53 PM Re: Bookstore? [Re: UnderThePalmTree]
Thanks, I have put the app for Kindle into my Ipad as well. Just finished a great book "Island beneath the Sea" Isabelle Allende. Really good read. No "Gecko Girl" it is not one of my "epic" reads!
R.B. Mernitz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (CayeMarie, Judyann H., Pokey), 39 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,221 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.