Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#384539 07/26/10 11:31 AM
OP Offline
I am planning week 2 of Camp Belize next year. For any of you veterans of Camp Belize, just a couple basic questions:

1. I understand some of the attendees jam but is there any place in particular this happens?
2. Is there any particular hotel/resort they stay at to your knowledge?
3. Are there any hotels/resorts that offer a discount for this event?
4. The "targets" for now are Coconuts, Royal Caribbean, Mata Rocks, and Sunbreeze in price order according to the packages I've been looking at. Any advice you can pass on for these choices? Any others I should consider?

Just a few to start. I'm sure I'll have other questions later so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gonzo
Webster: "gonzo" = freewheeling or unconventional especially to the point of outrageousness
P
P
Mayan Princess is always packed with JJW's who semi organise the Jams and they're easily found when here, wherever you stay.

Phil #384562 07/26/10 02:57 PM
L
L
If you are considering Royal Caribbean, be aware they have torn down there bar and resturant. I believe their website still shows one. The other places you mention do have a bar and are closer to resturants for dining.

R.B. Mernitz
L
L
Look at Mayan Princess, Blue Tang, Lily's and Aqua Marina Suites. The picker's are on the porches and in the bars, you will find them.

K
K
Has anyone stayed at Lily's recently? Have they done any upgrades to their rooms lately?

OP Offline
Thanks everyone for the jam info. Next question: I know the weather is a bit cooler in late Jan/early Feb and being a Floridian "freezing" to me is around 72 so I assume I should plan on cooler nights? I read the average low is 70 that time of year.

Gonzo
Webster: "gonzo" = freewheeling or unconventional especially to the point of outrageousness
P
P
Plan on Floridian nights and you'll be on worse case scenario as we're further South.

Phil #384888 07/30/10 12:45 PM
70 at night (I wish - great sleeping) but MUCH warmer in the daytime!
I think we are more like 80 most of the time during the day.
We do have the occasional cold front roll in that brings us cold days of 72, but if we have a cold front in Belize up in Fla they are freezing their oranges off so you're still better off here.

OP Offline
OK, I need to watch for the cold fronts. It's a foregone conclusion I'm "better off" there, particularly after last winter, the coldest on record (amid global warming?). I grew up in Panama as a kid and even here it's too cold for me in the winter so I'll plan on having something warm just in case.

Next question: we wanted to stay 2 weeks, not just the week of JJW. How do you handle the cash situation? Travelers checks? Or, are there debit/credit cash machines available? I've read some about this here but I don't really get a good sense of how to handle it, particularly for that long.

So, anybody, any advice?

Gonzo
Hi Spartan,

I don't think you're gonna suffer from the cold. The tourists usually look at us locals in disbelief when we start wearing coats and socks if it goes much below 80degrees.

Travelers cheques are fine. There are several conveniently located cash machines around. US Dollars are welcome everywhere. You'll be fine and you'll have a blast!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.