Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Edwardo Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone know what is cost to take a cab from Belize International to Municipal Airport and how long of a ride it is ?

B
B
It was around $40 Belize, $20 US to Belize city, about 12 miles.
When taking a cab anywhere in Belize it is prudent to ask the price to destination before getting in.

Edwardo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Beach dude 12 miles turns into how much travel time do you know ?

B
B
20 minutes maybe?

They have rate charts in most all the cabs I've been in. In june, from the time we got into the cab till we got out at Muni, was no more than 15 min. We got to Ambergris faster and cheaper than from BZE. Plus you don't have to go thru the machine and loose water and lighters etc..

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Since the rate was increased a few years ago, I've always paid US$25/BZ$50 between BZE and TZA, just like to any other point in the city. That's for a taxi. There's a transfer service or two that will do it for US$20.

--Lan Sluder

B
B
I've taken cabs in several parts of Belize and I've never seen a rate chart? Perhaps in the glove compartment. The message I was trying to convey was that once you're in the cab, especially if you've started to move, the price is very "up in the air". Gringos are better off to negotiate this before crossing that thresh-hold. It's not like they have meters, you are charged according to a first impression evaluation in many cases.
I do agree about skipping the water taxi, especially now that it's another monopoly.

M
M
Taxi from PGIA to Belize City: BZ$50 per taxi (not per passenger); 15 to 25 minutes depending on traffic.

Haven't yet seen a taxi with a meter or a rate chart (though I think there are standard rates).
Trips within Belize City are BZ$5 to $7.
What you have to make clear is the currency -- if the driver says "5 dollars", make sure you both understand that it's 5 dollars Belize, otherwise at the end of the trip, the driver might says that he meant US$.

Shuttle: BZ$40 (check the website)
http://www.belizeshuttlesandtransfers.com/Belize-City-Shuttles.php

The last few times I have taken a cab from International to Municipal, it was $25 US for two of us. (It used to be $20.) However, the last time we went, we had four people, and the driver told me it was $30 US. He showed me a laminated card with it printed on it.

It takes about 20 minutes.

Edwardo Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks you guys good info for me . And Lan do you know who the transfer services are and where they are located?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.