Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#385834 - 08/18/10 03:30 AM HELP!!!!
Carli Offline
So here is the deal...we arranged for a trip to Belize from Cancun. I went to the Maya Regional website, and saw that they had flights for the days we needed. We booked our hotel, and activities. When I went to the Maya website to book the flight, the return day was no longer available. I am aware that there is an alternative way of getting to Belize, we are on a time crunch. I sent an email to Maya (I am thinking I sent it to the right email address) Does anyone think that they may change the day?

#385837 - 08/18/10 03:42 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: Carli]
hazzyy Offline
Not sure about the flights but you could try to call the San Pedro office at 226-2484 in the morning. If worst comes to worst depending on what time your flight gets to Cancun you could possibly catch a bus to Chetumal and the boat directly to San Pedro. The boat leaves Chetumal at 3:30 Belize Time. Or you could bus from Cancun to Chetumal, transfer across the border and catch the last flight from Corozal to San Pedro. This would give you more time to make it to San Pedro the same day. The bus from Cancun to Chetumal can take from 5 to 6 hours. And we are -2 hours EST in the States just so you can calculate these times.

Also depending on where you're coming from Delta has good prices directly to Belize right now...maybe you could pay the change ticket fee and come directly to Belize. Or you could always rent a car and drive yourself to Chetumal...That would get you there in 4 hours...or take a taxi which can be pricey...I've done that.

#385838 - 08/18/10 03:45 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: hazzyy]
Carli Offline
Thanks for the advice....we have alreadt booked arranged for everything, plus we have an event in Cancun for their Independence Day. I am located in the United States, do you know if they have a toll free number?

#385839 - 08/18/10 03:52 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: Carli]
hazzyy Offline
Nah...I don't think they do...most local companies here don't have U.S. 800 numbers. But if you call the local number which would be 011-501-226-2484 they should pick right up and will be able to answer your questions pretty quick...I'd say you won't be on the phone more than 5 mins...which will probably cost you 10USD or cheaper if you skype...If they can't help the Belize City number is (501) 223.1140 or (501) 223.1362

#385840 - 08/18/10 03:56 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: hazzyy]
Carli Offline
Ok, well, I am not sure the time zone of Belize, but I will primarily be on my cell phone tomorrow. I am really hoping they can. I am within the 30 day window

#385841 - 08/18/10 03:58 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: Carli]
hazzyy Offline
We're mountain time in the U.S. Right now it's 9PM here...which is 10PM Central Time, and 11PM Eastern.

#385843 - 08/18/10 04:12 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: hazzyy]
Carli Offline
In your opinion, do you think they would be accomodating?

#385844 - 08/18/10 04:18 AM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: Carli]
hazzyy Offline
I would just recommend calling them in the morning and talking to them...They'll be helpful but can only do so much...at least once you talk to them you'll have a better idea of your options and what you can do...Just remember...once you get here it will all be worth it!!!

#385846 - 08/18/10 01:34 PM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: hazzyy]
TravelinMan1 Offline
I could be wrong but I think the flights on Maya Regional are nolonger running. Your best bet will be to take the bus (ADO Bus Lines). The trip will be longer but you will get here.

#385847 - 08/18/10 01:59 PM Re: HELP!!!! [Re: TravelinMan1]
Carli Offline
WHAT!!!! Then why would they advertise on their website that they are running, when they aren't? The only thing is that we are only in Central America for 6 days total (3 in Cancun, and 3 in Belize), and we don't want to spend most of it on the road

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (CaptOneIron, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.