Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#385918 08/18/10 09:59 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello my friends- here I am again, asking for help. As you all may know the Belize Lions Zone 59 funds were drained off by the then Secretary Treasurer leaving just under one hundred dollars out of over $13,000 dollars.This case is in court but the Zone needs to continue it's work for which we need funds. Someone has offered to match up to $5,000 dollars if we can get that amount from donations from the public. I am asking for your help to achieve this goal. Any one willing to donate make the check to Belize Lions Zone 59 or you can make a deposit to Atlantic bank checking account # 100197555. You can contact me at [email protected] or cell 610-2489. Keeping the Lionistic Spirit.
Yours in Service
Baldemar Graniel PDG
Zone Chairman
Belize Lions Zone 59.

good cause.

With respect have procedures been put in place to ensure that this kind of inside theft is prevented in the future?

Captain One Iron
P
P
Are you the boards new Mr Doom and Gloom.

If they have are you donating?

Phil once agin you are tooooooooo cool . And so funny .Good point Phil.
I also think A great cause one of many in Sanpedro ..
One would hope they are now much wiser...

Last edited by captjeff; 08/19/10 10:36 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
P
P
Perhaps I was a bit quick to throw out the sarcasm at One Iron; perhaps not. I can't think of any Organisation in Belize that has done more for people here and elsewhere in the region, than the Lions.

I don't know the details on The Lions case specifically, but I have been on the board of several smaller and less worthy non profit organisations here.

Every Bank account for these organisations needs to have a minimum of three signatorees (is this a word?) with two on every transaction. While it is important to have trustworthy people as signatorees a crook is always honest until the first time they're not. In short if an inside person wants to steal they will be able to do it whatever processes are in place, and more so if they have the trust and respect of their members.

These organisations do a lot to try and ensure these good cause funds can't be taken or missappropriated and in many cases they can do no more. They're all volunteers and these volunteers are often the busiest people on the Caye and many hundreds of thousands of Dollars have in the past and will in the future continue to reach their fitting need despite one event.

Our donation went over this morning.

I will drop off a check .Be down next week .they do great things for needy people .Shame they got ripped off by a trusted servant of the club .The greedy ripped off the needy . I bet she will not do Any serious Jail time any body want to make a wager ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
My comment began "With respect" and was both respectful, simple and straightforward.

Captain One Iron
G
G
Originally Posted by CaptOneIron
My comment began "With respect" and was both respectful, simple and straightforward.

Agreed! So did they?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.